The Project Manager (PM) is a member of the management team who will help lead and direct the testing, building, and operations and maintenance of large-scale PV solar power plants. Onsite construction management of the PV solar plant includes installation of piles, racking systems and PV modules.
Major responsibilities of the Project Manager will be to manage, train and allocate staff in an effective and efficient manner meeting project schedule and budget.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Ensure all project engineering accountabilities are completed on time and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety and regulatory requirements and will meet or exceed performance targets.
- Must be able to develop project schedules.
- Must be able to develop project budgets and cost spend plans.
- Provide project leadership as overall technical lead and member of the project senior team.
- Integrate latest technology equipment into a reliable solar PV power generation facility.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a multi-discipline project team to ensure qualtiy engineering deliverables are submitted to the project contract requirements.
- Will require periodic travel.
- Execute the Procurement strategy for sourcing, evaluating, and contracting photovoltaic equipment and services for development, engineering, construction and operations to support the new build Solar projects.
- Work closely with the engineering, development, construction and operations teams in analyzing various procurement options for projects and assure procurement activities are performed consistent with established schedules and budgets.
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with major equipment manufacturers and suppliers and major contractors providing services to the Solar industry.
- Implement the process of measuring vendors and contractor’s performance and for monitoring risk exposure.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Develop solar projects, simultaneously working with land development, permitting, business development, finance, legal, environmental and engineering.
- Create full project development schedules and high-level construction and interconnection schedules, to establish reasonable and achievable construction start and commercial operation dates.
- Perform site visits
- On-site customer management & coordination with other trades
- Act as point person for establishing operational procedures for project management as well as play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new employee positions, improving the recruiting and hiring process and responding to and managing operational employee needs.
- The above efforts are crucial to the successful completion of the project and profitable growth of the company.
This individual will report to the CEO. Direct reports are to be determined as the growth of the business dictates. Other key relationships will be with the CFO, Field/Operations Personnel, and Administrative staff.
The Project Manager will be engaged in the development of human resources, training processes, policies and best practices. He/She should be able to operate in the following manner:
- Independently and provide effective collaborative and management support across the organization
- Coordinate material procurement & logistics
- Execution Orientation, Although the PM should be able to step back and see the big picture, it will be necessary to get involved in the day-to-day operations both at the project site as well as in all aspects of business development. The PM should have a hands-on orientation and be able to dive into organizational issues and facilitate a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Leadership Skills, The PM will have a strong Project Management presence and will be able to work well at all levels of the organization. They will demonstrate integrity and must have unquestionable ethical standards and behavior.
- Performance Driven, The PM will have an eye for the bottom line impact of operations and sales/bidding process. He/She will also lead the implementation of training and development activities of personnel that have a measurable impact on business results (i.e. installations, operations & management).
- Organizational Development Skills, The PM will play a key role in the recruiting, training and development of talent. Being a highly motivated team player they will contribute to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, in producing outstanding results and therefore lead to the candidate's an organization's success.
- Ability and willingness to travel and manage remote installation sites
- Ability and desire to work outside in all weather conditions
- Clean criminal history and ability to pass a federal background check
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, if/when required
- Willingness to be trained and perform outside of role hired
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving ability.
- Strong commercial and leadership skills.
- Possess integrity and commitment to compliance.
- Strong project management skills including budget adherence and cost control measures.
- Commitment to project success.
- MS Office/Project literacy and strong verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Electrical knowledge is preferred
- Solar Experience is preferred
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Engineering/Construction/Business degree or commensurate experience). PMP certification or MBA preferred and 5 years minimum experience in project management, construction management, renewable or traditional power generation.
- Experience managing and leading multiple projects of various sizes.