The Accounts Coordinator performs administrative duties, provides support for the Design and Public Relations teams and actively participates in the marketing and public relations activities. Dedicated, detail-oriented, hard-working candidates fit best in this role. Those who like the action typical of the agency environment will be best suited.
Responsibilities: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to items on this list.
- Administrative support includes answering the phone, scheduling meetings, handling mail, supplies ordering, compiling monthly copier and postage reports for billing, monitoring supply room for needs, etc.
- Provide support for Account Managers who are handling PR programs of work, including communication with clients, members of the media, or other partners as needed.
- Provide support for Account Managers who are handling design projects, including stock photo research, cost estimate procurement, and more.
- Write media advisories and basic press materials, provide research, and maintain up-to-date press materials.
- Assist with planning and logistics of client or media-related activities (press conferences, special events, etc.).
- Responsible for expense tracking and reporting and assists with management of PR budgets.
- Assist or manage photo shoots at events, including securing necessary permissions, coordinating with any client partners, and obtaining images following event.
- Represent the Agency’s public relations team on-site during events and performances on a regular basis.
- Prepare for media attendance at events (ticket requests, press kits, photography).
- Proactively request and maintain database of approved photos, CDs, DVDs and other materials as needed.
- Associates degree or higher in journalism, marketing, public relations, or communication.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal communication skills. Strong writing skills.
- Basic understanding of how the news/media industry operates on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office and scanning software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate multiple tasks.