To Go Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
TAKING CARE OF OUR GUESTS
TO-GO/CURBSIDE SERVER RESPONSIBILITIES
At O’Charley’s, our goal is to satisfy our guests completely so they will return again and again. We want
guests to tell their family, friends, and associates about the wonderful experience we provided at
O’Charley’s. You were hired because you showed us that you have “A Passion to Serve” – the desire to
ensure our guests have a memorable experience every time they visit.
Our guests are the reason for our existence. Your paycheck will say O’Charley’s, but our guests are your
As a To-Go Server, your first responsibility is to be an effective SALESPERSON. You must understand our
food and beverage menus, specials, and promos and be able to make recommendations and suggestions
based on your knowledge of food and drink items.
Your next responsibility is to ensure our guests have a great experience by providing exceptional service. In
order to accomplish this, you must:
1. Make each guest feel appreciated through accommodating actions.
2. Practice the “Hospitality Halo” with everyone within a six-foot radius (smile, step aside, speak first) - A
friendly attitude is essential in building good rapport with guests and fellow team members. Most
importantly, be polite to all guests and team members.
3. Work as a team with all O’Charley’s team members.
4. Communicate clearly and enthusiastically with guests and team members – have an outgoing attitude
and retain your self-composure at all times. No matter how busy you are, guests must be treated
with concern for their needs or interests as if each is the only guest in the restaurant. Your ability to
smile and remain calm will help eliminate stress during very busy times.
5. Immediately greet guests and ensure prompt and efficient food and beverage delivery. Serve your
guests in a timely manner, according to the guest’s perfect pace. Stay organized, being able to think
and act quickly and effectively, and have a sense of urgency.
6. Have a thorough knowledge of service sequences and guidelines; use this knowledge to serve
7. Have a thorough knowledge of To-Go accounting procedures.
8. Have a thorough knowledge of To-Go packaging; use this knowledge to prepare and package quality
products for guests.
9. Maintain general appearance of To-Go area through cleaning and stocking. Take pride in your
personal appearance and the appearance of your work area.
10. Ensure “Perfect Plate” presentations before items are delivered to guests.
While we are all responsible for ensuring our guests have a great experience, there are going to be times
when we will make a mistake. If a mistake is made, we must own it and take EVERY action possible to
correct it. Which do you think worse? Telling a manager what happened so it can be fixed, or letting an
angry guest leave? It is imperative that all guests leave knowing we cared about their individual situation,
that we put ourselves in THEIR shoes, recognized their needs, and did everything possible to strive for a winwin
Guest relations | To-Go packaging | Menu knowledge
Service Sequences | Telephone etiquette | Point of Sale operation
Quality service and standards | Safety and Security | Procedures Cash handling
Floor plan | Specials | Sidework duties
Able to continually enter and exit the building, even during inclement weather while carrying to-to orders
weighing anywhere from 1-25 pounds. Able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language of
the work location. Able to perform simple mathematical calculations relating to money handling. Able to
stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to multiple hours in length. Must have a good sense of
balance, able to bend, kneel and lift bus pans, trays, etc. frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.
O'Charley's Restaurant + Bar
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?