Contract Specialist (0021)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
(0021) Contract Specialist
OCT Consulting is an SBA-certified, 8(a) small business management and technology consulting firm that provides support to Federal Government clients. We provide consulting services in the areas of Strategy, Process Improvement, Change Management, Program and Project Management, Acquisition/Procurement, and Information Technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
We currently have an opening for a Contract Specialist with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of contracting and procurement. The experience can be either as a federal government employee, a member of the U.S. military, or as a contractor supporting a federal agency. We are looking for candidates to handle actions related to pre-and post-award contract work in support of contracting officers; and other duties as assigned. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform full life cycle contract management (“cradle to grave”)
- Assist the agency contracting office with drafting various contract documents including base contracts, modifications, and purchase orders
- Ensure acquisition plans, synopses, procurement planning conferences, and justification and approvals all include information necessary to facilitate successful contract awards
- Independently prepares Pre- and Post-business clearances for acquisition to document contract files
- Provide oral briefs to customers on proposed acquisition cycle award processes
- Serve as a liaison between the program office and contracting personnel (bridging the gap between the two functions)
- Work with and advise program managers on procurement policies, processes regulations, and procedures
- Support multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with a variety of Program Offices to ensure that all acquisition package components are completed in a compliant manner
- Maintain working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations; utilize all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures
- 4+ years of federal acquisition experience
- B.S. / B.A. Degree is required
- Ability to pass a federal background check for facility access is required
- Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
- Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government
- Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government is highly desirable
- Experience working in support of the Internal Revenue Service or Department of Treasury is highly desirable
- Experience with major contract writing systems is highly desirable
- DAWIA /FAC-C and CFCM or CPCM certifications are highly desirable
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment)
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Position will require interaction with procurement office management
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary
The position includes competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Retirement savings 401K plan provided by an industry leading provider with 3% employer matching contributions.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term disability benefits
- Training Benefits
About OCT Consulting LLC
OCT Consulting LLC is a certified SBA 8(a), minority owned, small, disadvantaged business providing professional services and Information technology solutions to the federal government and commercial clients. Founded in 2013, we bring the advantage of agility in operations along with a management team with a track record of leading successful engagements at major federal government agencies.
OCT is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. OCT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
Apply for this job
OCT Consulting, LLCLanham, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.