General Manager - Embassy Suites Minneapolis North
- Expired: November 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our growing team! Oliver Companies, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a leading property management company that has been operating since 1978. Through our history and strong values, we have become accomplished in hotel development and management. Our properties are located across the country and fly flags from Hilton, IHG, Choice, and Marriott.
The General Manager provides leadership and management for all hotel operations including team member staffing and relations, budgeting and financial responsibilities, forecasting, sales and marketing, guest services and facilities management. The General Manager is responsible for establishing a positive work environment, delivering exceptional guest service and administering policies and procedures established by the company and the hotel brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, coordinates and implements all day-to-day operations of the hotel
- Directs efforts related to team member staffing including recruitment, orientation, training & development, scheduling, counseling, performance management, and other team member relations issues
- Maintains personal connections with guests, clients and community organizations
- Prepares annual operating budget to include a sales, marketing and revenue management plan
- Analyzes financial performance by comparing actual performance to planned performance, identifying variances, and initiating corrective action
- Maintains product and service quality standards by implementing policies and procedures, investigating deficiencies/complaints, and initiating corrective action
- Inspects guestrooms to ensure all company and brand cleanliness standards are met
- Monitors and upholds procedures for control of supplies, keys, monies and credit
- Monitors and upholds procedures for safety and security of hotel staff and guests
- Maintains knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform any position at the hotel
- Remains current on industry trends and local market activities
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership
- College degree or the equivalent in related work experience
- 5 or more years of hotel experience with three years in a management position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively
- Ability to read and write effectively
- Ability to resolve problems effectively
- Ability to manage stressful situations with poise and finesse
- Conduct work-related functions in a professional manner
Get fresh General Manager - Embassy Suites Minneapolis North jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.