Quality Control Technician - Flavor/Food industry
- $22 to $25 Hourly
Quality Control Technician
Reports To: FSR Director
FLSA Status: Full-time Non-Exempt
- Conducts tests to determine quality of materials and finished products.
- Comply with all quality and food safety programs to ensure that raw materials and finished products are meeting specifications.
- Received and inspected all incoming raw materials, compare COA results to specification requirements.
- Collect samples of all finished products and incoming raw materials and request their documentation from suppliers.
- Conduct lab testing procedures, such as organoleptic (tasting, smelling), density, brix, pH, etc. and record COA lab test results.
- Collect samples for microbiological examination and record test results.
- Prepares and sends COA to the customers.
- Understand statistical sampling methodologies.
- Perform technical review and verification of test date accordance with specifications, accept or reject products and incoming raw materials based on results.
- Place on hold any products or incoming raw materials that do not meet quality standards and provide appropriate dispositions.
- Evaluate all expired raw materials and finished goods.
- Have thorough knowledge of cGMP and GLP Concepts.
- Calibrate and maintain logs of all lab equipment and ensure they are up to date.
- Assist R&D in conducting investigations of product issues.
- Helps with customer request for documentation
- Develops and implements standards for inspections and audits
- Makes recommendations for improvement
- Deputy Back-Up Designee to R&D.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
- HACCP /PCQI certified
- Experience working with allergens and organic.
- Must be able to work on weekends (if needed)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quality control analysis
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- Operation monitoring
OC Flavors is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. OC Flavors. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
OC FlavorsChino, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.