OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Sr. Java Developer who will be responsible for supporting development and redesign of a web-based federal critical case management system.
This person will perform software development tasks including but not limited to designing;
- Support development and redesign of web based federal critical case management system
- Performing Software development tasks including but not limited to designing; coding; testing; implementation, and documentation
- Adhere to established development processes and best practices for the project
- Support development and maintenance of services including adding new features and developing generic frameworks in service oriented development environment
- Collaborate with software testers to ensure that we have good test coverage, that risks are mitigated, and that defects are identified and resolved
- Provide scheduling/timeline estimates for task completion as required
- Provide documentation and recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed systems, solutions, development, designs, plans and timelines that the contractor identifies
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus eight (8) years experience in the field of software development.
- Must have minimum 8 years of work experience with Java development with Agile Methodology
- Must have 5 + years of RDBMS (preferably Oracle database) experience including significant understanding of SQL and PL/SQL
- Must have 5+ years of web application development experience using JEE/Spring
- Must have 3+ years of development experience with Spring framework using Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC/Spring Data JPA, Hibernate
- Experience with REST API development using Spring or JAX-RS is a plus
- Experience with Single Page Applications and asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Microservices is a plus
- Experience with code coverage tools like JaCoCo, SonarQube and build/deployment tools like Maven, Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with any of the following technologies/tools is a plus: Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.