Location: Joplin/Sarcoxie and surrounding southern Jasper County area
Join a team that is making a difference in your community! If you like to help people and have a safe driving record, then we have the career for you. We transport seniors, individuals with disabilities and the rural general public. At OATS Transit, you are not just a driver- you are family to our riders! Do you think of yourself as safe, caring & reliable? If so, then fill out an application today and start your new career with us.
As an OATS Transit driver you will:
- Treat riders with respect, dignity and courtesy; drivers are required to assist all riders on and off the bus.
- Safely secure wheelchairs and other mobility devices and follow all applicable procedures.
- Be responsible for the excellent condition and cleanliness of an assigned OATS vehicle and equipment.
- Conduct pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, and report issues for repairs.
- Utilize in-vehicle tablet to receive trip information, updates and validate pick-up and drop-off times.
- Complete required paperwork and submit to regional office in timely manner.
- Attend routine paid training.
- Comply with federal/state/company rules and regulations.
OATS Transit offers a variety of benefits to their employees:
- Benefit Allowance
- Health Insurance- after 6 months
- 403(b) Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan (available to enroll from 1st day of work)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan- Section 125
- AFLAC Insurance Plans
- Paid Holidays-even during your probationary period
- Personal Days
- Safety Bonus and Recognition Program
- Uniform Shirts Provided
Please apply online on our website: www.oatstransit.org