Senior Project Manager, Life Science
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Senior Project Manager to join our Life Science team. The role requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to self-direct, strong background in project/construction management, client representation and marketing professional services as well as personnel management. The role also requires experience in overall project team selection, site selection and value judgment decision making.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Overall accountability for the planning, design, permitting, construction and turnover of construction projects.
- Deliver projects on-time, on budget, and to mutually agreed expectations.
- Lead or assist with creation and validation of pro-forma documentation (as appropriate).
- Lead or assist client in determining appropriate team and team structure for the project.
- Lead or assist with developing and accessing procurement strategies and delivery of FF&E or other segments of the client’s budget.
- Lead or provide support in site selection analysis and decision making.
- Facilitate involvement of the project’s key stakeholders at appropriate levels and times.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate hand off of the facility to client’s operations personnel.
- Develop or advise on development of warranty strategies.
- Lead or assist with development and management of overall project budget, as appropriate to meet client requirements.
- Guide design development and construction through the applicable funding requirements and government processes at Federal, State and Local levels.
- Guide design development through applicable sustainability reviews or building certification preparations to meet project/client requirements.
- Support client’s project administrative needs as appropriate.
- Contribute and own the development of program processes and tools that facilitate consistency and quality execution across the project/program.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Life Science and/or Healthcare experience, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Front Page, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft Project or other scheduling software.
- Demonstrated understanding of green and sustainable building practices, LEED Accredited Professional a plus.
- Experience with web-based project management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in management of professional staff.
- 10+ years of project and construction management experience.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC's building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made "The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington” and continues to earn "Washington's Best Companies to Work For" – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
OAC is an equal opportunity employer.
OAC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies or staffing organizations.
Applicants will receive correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding this job posting. Please add this address to your safe senders list to avoid these messages from going to your junk or spam folders.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at OAC Services