Maintenance Mechanic CNC
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform maintenance activities including but not limited to preventive and reactive maintenance, trouble shooting, and process improvements.
- Utilize “Manager Plus” to schedule and execute all required preventive maintenance events.
- Drive root cause and corrective action to troubleshoot equipment issues on the production floor to maximize machine uptime and prevent reoccurrence.
- Work with a cross functional group or engineers, operators, and supervisors to ensure proper routine maintenance activities are identified, scheduled and executed appropriately to drive TPM.
- Coordinate with outside resources or machine tool technicians to troubleshoot advanced issues.
- Support equipment moves and installations including the decommissioning of equipment as necessary, preparation of equipment for safe transport, the layout preparation prior to receipt of new equipment and the installation of equipment to ensure readiness for qualification.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Strong manufacturing background with five (5) years of experience in CNC Maintenance position.
- Advanced ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve electrical and electronic related issues including but not limited to AC/DC drives and motors, power supplies, CNC controls, electrical wiring, switches, relays and other related systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical machine related issues such as gears, sprockets, chains, bearings, as well as hydraulic and pneumatic and other related systems.
- Tow motor and fork truck certification strongly preferred and will be required during onboarding.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing process & procedures, understanding of machinery, electrical, pneumatics, and other areas within facility maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics and utilize various testing equipment and gages required to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- High School Diploma Required
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as Standard Work, SMED and 6S
Exposure to shop elements making conditions less desirable than usually found in an office.
- Standing - 8 Hours per day (or more)
- Walking - 6 to 8 Hours per day
- Lifting (below shoulder) – 30 to 50 lbs. – frequently
- Lifting (above shoulder) – 30 to 50 lbs. - frequently
- Push/Pull – 30 to 50 lbs. – frequently
- Stooping/kneeling/bending – 2 hours per day – occasionally
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with other members of the organization verbally, nonverbally, and in writing.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or willingness to learn and participate in Lean Manufacturing processes or activities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
O.F. Mossberg & Sons IncNorth Haven, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.