In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other’s company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
In the world of foodie’s – you utterly enjoy studying and offering a mouthwatering detailed explanation of each dish. You strive to make each and every interaction an unforgettable one, having your guests’ running back for more.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all of our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes. Always remain educated on our menu offerings.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Be sure to ask each and every guest if they have any food allergies or intolerances
- Report any and all allergies and dietary restrictions to the Manager on Duty, Executive/Sous Chef, and Expo
- Check the identification of guests to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar
- Report any guest complaints to the Manager on Duty immediately
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment
- Maintain clean service areas
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable)
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Be ready and willing to assist SA’s with cleaning and resetting tables
- Thanks guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Responsible for reporting all cash and credit card gratuities received to comply with the IRS standards of reporting income.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, employees and all guests.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Understanding knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Ability to model and act in accordance with The Indigo Road guiding principles
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That’s means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.