Process Facility Specialist
- Expired: March 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the role:
As a Process Facility Specialist for O-I's Innovation Center, you will focus on working safe, protecting and maintaining the assets, and working with urgency and workmanship.
This position will serve as a part of a team of process facility specialists, operators and subject matter experts that run the facility which focuses on technical innovation. The Innovation Center is a 1/10th scale glass plant with all the accompanying operations. Candidates will be expected to safely support both the assets, themselves and the research trials conducted within the facility. A non-negotiable safety mindset is the most important quality to have followed by a positive attitude and desire to learn. Within reason the role can be adapted to fit the individual strengths and development desires of the candidate. Will be exposed to furnace technologies, forming technologies, water handling systems, thermal management, mechanical fabrication and electronics based on training and experience. Ability to ask good questions, observe unexpected outcomes in trials and provide feedback to R&D, Operations and Innovation teams is extremely valuable.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Follow process safety policies and protocols.
* Assist with GMP housekeeping duties.
* Keep operations running safely, including preventative maintenance.
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures for the facility and equipment use.
* Conducting furnace and forming trials
* Lead systems and bench testing to support projects.
* Follow quality procedures in glass manufacturing to ensure acceptable quality for R&D and global innovation teams.
* Troubleshoot, update, modify, repair, maintain and setup machines and systems.
* Provide direct input to the R&D teams regarding the performance and/or design of prototype equipment in the process lab.
* Ensure excellent communication within team and between shifts, management and project teams.
Scope & Impact:
* This position will have no direct financial responsibilities.
* This position has the ability to make independent decisions relative to daily operations. Decisions that have a direct impact on project results must be approved by the project technical leader or team leader.
Owens-Illinois Global Glass
ManufacturingView all jobs at Owens-Illinois Global Glass
Get fresh Facilities Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!