Maintenance Supervisor - Lapel, IN
- Job ID #:6264
- Functional Area:Manufacturing
- Position Type:Full-Time Regular
- Relocation Provided:
- Location:Lapel, IN
- Education Required:High School Diploma
- Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Who we are:
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers' expectations and fuel consumers' desire for glass.
In this position, you will assist the Plant Engineer in leading and directing subordinate salary and hourly personnel engaged in all phases of the plant engineering function (General Maintenance, Cold End Mechanization, and the Batch & Furnace Department) including installation, repair, and maintenance of all plant systems, equipment, grounds, and facilities. You will assist in managing the operations of the Batch & Furnace Department and supplying quality glass for plant operations in an economical manner. You will be responsible for supporting compliance efforts with local, state, and federal regulations concerning environmental affairs, OSHA, NFPA, and other governing agencies.
As a Maintenance Manager, you will place an emphasis on providing a committed and high level of technical service and working in partnership with the Plant Engineer and Line Leaders to produce glass containers at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency.
- Assists in directing and analyzing operations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment, department policies and procedures.
- Assists in directing preventive maintenance programs. Under the direction of the Plant Engineer, conducts periodic inspections of all plant systems, equipment, facilities and grounds. Assists in implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Under the direction of the Plant Engineer is responsible for the quality of all work performed by maintenance and production employees assigned to the Plant Engineering function.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction and service work performed by the outside contractors as directed.
- Has working relationship with Toledo Engineering and outside contractors and supplies.
- Assists in overseeing health and safety issues affecting ergonomic factors.
- Conducts periodic inspection of all plant systems, equipment, facilities and grounds. Oversees all changes or upgrades
- Supervises training of personnel to ensure all crafts (electrical, hydraulic and mechanical).
- Ensures efficiency and high standards are maintained
- Communicates and directs the application of prescribed safety and environmental regulations
- Remain consistent with lean six sigma principles, ensure the development of a continuous improvement culture within the Plant by involving relevant salary and hourly workforce in the ongoing identification, development and implementation of improvements to the manufacturing process/performance, i.e.: implementation of lean six sigma principles.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Champion energy savings initiations
- May oversee plant apprenticeship program
In this position, you will report to the Plant Engineer.
- High school with strong maintenance and/or furnace operations background.
- Post high school training is preferred, e.g., college, military training, apprenticeship programs, etc.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil) preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a maintenance leadership position in a manufacturing (preferably glass) facility
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more...
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.