Customer Service Representative - Fairfield, CA
- Job ID #:6385
- Functional Area:Customer Service
- Position Type:Full-Time Regular
- Relocation Provided:No
- Location:Fairfield, CA
- Department:Customer Service
- Education Required:Associates Degree
- Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Who we are:
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers' expectations and fuel consumers' desire for glass.
As a customer service representative for O-I you will provide world class customer service while adhering to all internal and external guidelines (e.g. customer contracts, company policies and procedures, etc.) and through effective and efficient utilization of our company resources (e.g. manufacturing assets, systems and software, support staff). Additional requirements include developing and maintaining strong and positive partnerships with customers, as well as internal business partners. You will contribute to the success of O-I North America (NA) strategic business priorities by providing service levels which deliver improved operational excellence for both our company and our customers. As a Customer Service Representative, you are the primary point of contact between O-I NA and our customers. You must maintain a positive attitude, coordinate all customer service functions, and engage the appropriate internal business partners to meet/exceed customers' requirements.
- Provides internal business partners with insight on customers' requirements, expectations and other pertinent competitive information.
- Consistently follows order entry processes and procedures to ensure order entry accuracy.
- Regularly reviews open orders to ensure completion through invoicing.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to support the management of customers' glass container needs/requirements against production, shipments and inventory (PSI)
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to ship aging inventory
- Responsible for logging customer complaints and collaborating with Credit Analysts regarding claims
- Compiles necessary data and initiates a new material (SKU) request
- Generates customer specific reports (e.g. finished good and packaging material inventory, sales, and shipments),
- Communicates Customer Owned Packaging requirements to the customer.
- Compiles necessary data and initiates a new customer request.
- Support Sales Management on New Business Development (e.g. sample orders, stock price list quote)
- Contributes to overall sales and margin improvement by identifying and capturing margin leakage opportunities, e.g., out of pattern shipment, less than minimum run up charge, over aged inventory.
- Provide training and support for designated customer service team as it pertains to customer service related policies, procedures, and systems.
- Participates on continuous improvement projects and kaizen events.... Gathering data, participating in problem-solving exercises and adding their expertise and experience to solution exploration and execution.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will report to an Order to Cash Team Lead within North America.
- Associates degree in business related field or equivalent knowledge from work experience.
- Two years minimum experience in sales and/or customer service working in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Self motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong/proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Half Day Fridays
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more...
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.