Electrical Engineer - Power Electronics
O H M Americas LLC Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK - The successful candidate will add tangible value to the organization by bringing the design skills, knowledge of new power electronics-related technologies, new concepts, circuit topologies, magnetic components design, and control schemes. Must possess experience and competent technical expertise for successful product development. We are looking for an individual with substantial knowledge in system architecture, circuit analysis, and product packaging related to modern precision SMPS power supplies. The candidate will evaluate various power converter topologies to achieve optimal cost/performance design trade-off. Select, design, and assess multiple power electronic components, including controllers (analog or digital), power-switching devices (MOSFETs, IGBTs, and/or wideband gap devices) and inductors transformers, capacitors, current sense elements diodes, etc. to support power converter design. Conduct a worst-case analysis to establish the design's functionality per specifications over the intended operating range. The candidate can guide PCB designers and Mechanical Designer during the development of UL compliant circuit boards and enclosures for successful operation in a high-noise environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES
- Take a significant part in designing and evaluating various Digital and Power-Electronic components for state-of-the-art AC-DC, DC-DC SMPS. Conduct worst-case analysis to prove designs will function per specifications over the intended operating range. Conduct analysis and evaluation of system-level power-electronics system design issues, system efficiency, exceptionally low output ripple, etc.
- Evaluate various power circuit topologies to achieve the optimal cost/performance and superior performance over competing products.
- Design in compliance with UL, IEC, EMC, and other standards and directives.
- Ability to supervise PCB designers and Mechanical Designers during the development of UL compliant circuit boards and enclosures for successful operation in a high-noise environment.
- Ability to diligently and safely work on scientific experiments in power conversion laboratory and during power electronics product development.
- Experience in High Power (1KW to 10kW) converter product development is preferred
- Hands-on experience with designing, debugging, and testing of power converters; as well as, with applications and/or design of its key components, such as power semiconductor devices (FETs, IGBTs, SiC, and GaN), and magnetic components
- Hands-on experience with analog circuit design: OPAMPS, low power analog design, analog filter design, analog signal processing, as well as power switch gate drive techniques, EMC, power supply parallel operation
- Proficient in one or more of the following software/hardware: LtSpice, pSpice, MATLAB/Simulink, Mathcad tools.
- Experience in designing circuits using MOSFETS, wide bandgap devices (SiC)
- Familiar with Safety, EMI, EMC, and IEC 61000-4-xx standards
EXPERIENCE: Over 5 years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience).
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university/advanced degree or certificate.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
O H M Americas LLCWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth; Ability to express your creativity!
See our website at OHMPS.COM
3736 SW 30th AvenueFort Lauderdale, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at O H M Americas LLC