- $14 to $17 Hourly
This position is Monday - Thursday 2:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
The general responsibilities of the Quality Technician (QT) include the inspection and testing of incoming materials and components, work-in-process, finished goods products, as well as maintaining of inspection and test records. Under the direction of the Quality Engineer (QE) or Quality Manager QM) they will complete tasks required to submit customer PPAPS or CARS and maintain ISO/TS 16949 and Business System requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the QE or QM, QT is responsible for operating monitoring and measuring equipment including gauges, calipers, micrometers, tape measures, scales, static load, tensile strength, hardness, thickness, CMM, or other equipment specific to their assigned area. QT is required to sample, inspect and test work-in-process parts and finished goods product. QT may also be required to inspect or verify labeling/packaging for incoming/outgoing materials and components as appropriate to assigned areas. Inspection and test records will be maintained as proof of conformance as well as traceability throughout the manufacturing processes.
- As directed, QT will be involved in the auditing of processes and procedures of the quality system (O-Flex Business System [OBS]) for non-conformances.
- Technicians will provide on-going training to new and existing employees in the proper use of such items as calipers, micrometers, tape measures and other measuring devices. In addition, they will provide assistance and training to production associates using boundary samples clarifying what constitutes process rejects and poor quality parts.
- QT will participate in the problem solving and corrective action process and be part of the follow up efforts to ensure effectiveness of actions. Initiate Quality Alerts, Containment of Non-Conforming Product, Sorting of product, Customer Clean Points and initiate documentation for CARS and SCARS.
- Technicians will aid in the tracking and improvement actions of key performance metrics such as internal and external customer complaints, reducing process scrap and rejects, corrective actions, as well as quarterly tracking of finished goods product characteristics and static load test parts tracking using SPC techniques and generate reports.
- Technicians will maintain proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of the required monitoring and measuring equipment.
- Checking of PH, color conformance, maintaining records for this activity.
- As required by the QE, technicians will participate in the preparation of customer PPAPS and new production introductions.
- Testing and certification of inspectors.
- Properly follows all company policies
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist and monitor sorting or rework operations, assist in supplier audits and selection. Quality technicians are responsible for general organization and housekeeping of quality lab, Non-conforming material area and desk.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college or professional quality training preferred.
- Experience with inspection in a manufacturing environment, including a high degree of attention to details.
- Familiar with use of calipers, micrometers and other test machines and measurement instruments.
- Understanding of basic statistical data analysis methods, tools and software
- PC literacy; ability to use Microsoft Office Programs; Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook Project.
- Familiarity and /or experience with TS-16949 quality standard.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments; works well under stress.
- Ability to read technical drawings for quality related information.
O-Flex Metal FinishingClanton, AL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.