Structural Engineer / Architectural Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are seeking a Senior Engineer/Senior Architect to join our Springfield, VA office who has experience in restoration and/or design projects through all work phases including scope of work and budget development, condition assessment and reporting, studies, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration. Candidates should be familiar with the assessment, design, and construction of structural steel and reinforced concrete systems, masonry, facades, roofs, plazas, and waterproofing systems.
Candidates should have at least 5-10 years of experience as a Project or Staff Engineer/Architect in facility restoration projects from conception to close-out. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as this position may serve as a Point of Contact with the client and expected to maintain good relationships. Organizational and time management skills are also essential as this position will require managing multiple concurrent projects. Experienced structural engineers with primarily a design background looking to work in the restoration industry will also be considered.
Project types including the assessment, design, and restoration of structural systems, building envelopes, plazas; and water infiltration and waterproofing consulting. We perform design services on all types of structures including low-rise and high-rise residential buildings, office complexes, retail, warehouses, parking garages, healthcare facilities, educational facilities, and government buildings.
The Senior Engineer/Senior Architect will be responsible for managing the workflow of the project including maintaining the project budget and schedule set in the proposal and assigning project tasks, as outlined below, to Project Engineer(s). The Senior Engineer/Senior Architect will work with the Senior Project Manager to set milestone dates for the project and schedule quality control reviews for project deliverables. The Senior Engineer/Senior Architect will work with the Project Engineer(s) to effectively communicate the project scope and schedule for generation of the project deliverables.
- Perform field condition assessments to accurately document existing building conditions
- Meet with the Client to understand the project’s requirements and develop an accurate Scope of Work and construction cost estimate
- Develop condition assessment reports including recommendations for repair or replacement
- Coordinate with structural, architectural, MEP, and other disciplines if required
- Travel to job sites throughout the Tri-state area to collect and prepare data for evaluation, review construction work quality and progress, conduct pre-bid meetings, and lead construction progress meetings.
- Develop complete and accurate construction documents including drawings and sketches
- Produce detailed technical specifications and bid documents
- Perform code analysis and quality control review of documents
- Perform Construction Administration and Oversight
- Review and approve shop drawings, submittals, payment requests, and change orders
- Review contractor submittals and respond to contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) during construction
- Track the construction schedule and budget
- Resolve issues that are discovered in the field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Engineering or Architecture
- 5 to 10 years of experience in design and restoration projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conversant in engineering, architectural, and construction principles
- Professional Registration Preferred (or PE/AIA tracked)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and AutoCAD
We offer a diverse work culture that is team oriented with swift advancement opportunities. As a fast growing company we are looking to add creative Engineers and Architects to advance our mission of providing world class design and consulting services by applying innovative thinking and technology to complex Engineering and Architectural problems.
O&S Associates Engineers & Architects
7406 Alban Station CourtSpringfield, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?