System Administrator - Platform (Cleared)
- Posted: over a month ago
Nyla Technology Solutions is a Women-Owned Small Business that is forward-thinking and bold at every step which has earned us a solid reputation of being technical trendsetters within the industry. Headquartered in the heart of Baltimore City, Maryland, Nyla delivers exceptional software systems engineering services for the U.S. Government. Our customers like how we tackle their toughest problems., and so Nyla is adding people who have a passion for doing fun, impactful work. If you are a person who welcomes opportunities to apply your skills in new ways, Nyla has challenges for you. We seek out people with agile, diverse mindsets who are looking for a place to grow—professionally and personally. We create opportunities for you to share your knowledge and experience with the team, and learn from others via training, mentoring, and movement across the many contracts Nyla supports. Nyla endeavors to give back to our community—lending our energy and talents to support local area organizations helping people in need. At Nyla, you will have a place to grow, get, and give where you are passionate.
How We Show Up Every Day
Team Nyla shows up every day with the intention to be awesome—proactively working to accurately interpret and fully understand our client’s challenges and add value to solving those challenges. Knowing the mission, context, and end-users is how we deliver optimal, creative, and innovative solutions. We design our systems with precision, logic, and adaptability, solving the technical and engineering needs of today with an eye on scaling for tomorrow. We endeavor to meet the highest standards of personal conduct and act as a trusted-provider for our clients--this is how we develop and maintain our enduring relationships with customers and business partners.
We are pursuing individual(s) for the position of Platform System Administrator. If this position sounds like a good fit and you have a track record of delivering solid results, please apply.
The individual(s) selected for this position will perform software/hardware upgrades, ensure backups are being performed regularly, ensure that the platforms are performing to their potential, and address any issues that arise. Develop and maintain infrastructure/process logs, documentation, process metrics, process schedules, security, and capacity trending.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network
- Coordinate and support full cycle implementation, application development, ongoing optimization and stabilization of applications, and assist in ensuring timely deliverables
- Experience supporting technical applications such as (but not limited to): IBM/Netezza, Informatica, Computer Associates: Workload Automation, Microsoft SQL Server, Epic Clarity/Caboodle, Oracle, and/or Hadoop/Big Data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Data Science, or a related discipline.
- In some cases, years of experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Certification in at least one of the following: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+CE, SSCP, Security+CE, or higher (minimum DoD8140/DoD 8570 IAT Level I or II certification)
Progress Through Our People
Nyla’s culture is built on the understanding that together, with our collective energy, talent, and fierce determination, we never stop believing and building the impossible. We are life-long learners, ever-curious and not afraid to dream.
If you have the unique experience and expertise we are seeking, along with the desire and determination to invest your time and energy as a part of Nyla’s Team, we will provide you with a first-class compensation package along with our uniquely Nyla benefits.
We Have the Total Package | Healthy Lifestyle, Learning, Health and Wellness, Financial Wellness, Financial Protection. From the start, Nyla is different. We never embraced the idea of a workplace and policies stuck in the industrial age--we treat our employees as valued contributors, not commodities. At Nyla, we strive to understand the needs of our workforce and are committed to continuously evolving practices and policies, making adjustments that meaningfully address the changing needs and desires of our workforce.
At Nyla we talk about employee investment, not employee costs—a small way we outwardly provide our great people with benefits that cover your overall well-being. Nyla offers group benefits, 100% paid by Nyla, that include CareFirst medical, dental, and vision coverage. To support your personal goals for overall well-being and health, we provide a healthy living and fitness benefit of up to $500.00 per anniversary year. We believe that an ongoing investment in your professional learning and development is a cornerstone to our success, so we go all-in and provide up to $5,000 per anniversary year to support your growth or tuition assistance of up to $5,250 per year. We want to protect you and your future—Nyla provides, at no cost to you, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance. And, to augment your financial beyond today’s salary, Nyla offers up to 10% employer contribution/match in our retirement plan. Lastly, we understand the importance of recharging and replenishing yourself, so we provide new employees with 4 weeks of Paid Annual Leave and 11 holidays, plus each year you are with the company, you get an extra day off.
To learn more about Nyla's culture and our exceptional benefit packages click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer--but we are more than that – we are open-minded, and care only about your capability, your drive, and your desire and determination to contribute your gifts and talents fully.
Nyla Technology Solutions
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?