Data Scientist (Mathematical)
- Posted: over a month ago
Nyla Technology Solutions is a women-owned small business with a bold approach and forward-thinking vision. Headquartered in the heart of Baltimore, Nyla delivers exceptional software systems engineering services for the U.S. Government. Our customers like how we tackle their toughest problems., and so Nyla is adding people who have a passion for doing fun, impactful work. If you are a person who welcomes opportunities to apply your skills in new ways, Nyla has challenges for you. We seek out people with agile, diverse mindsets who are looking for a place to grow—professionally and personally. We create opportunities for you to share your knowledge and experience with the Team, and learn from others via training, mentoring, and movement across the many contracts Nyla supports. Nyla endeavors to give back to our community—lending our energy and talents to support local area organizations helping people in need. At Nyla, you will have place to grow, get, and give where you are passionate.
How We Show Up Every Day
Team Nyla shows up every day with the intention to be awesome—proactively working to accurately interpret and fully understand our client’s challenges and add value to solving those challenges. Knowing the mission, context and end-users is how we deliver optimal, creative, and innovative technological solutions. We design our systems with precision, logic, and adaptability, solving the technical and engineering needs of today with an eye on scaling for tomorrow. We endeavor to meet the highest standards of personal conduct and act as a trusted-provider for our clients--this is how we develop and maintain our enduring relationships with customers and business partners.
We are pursuing individual(s) for the position of Data Scientist (Mathematical). If this position sounds like a good fit and you have a track record of delivering solid results, please apply.
The individual(s) selected for this position will conduct analyses of management and operational problems and formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems for solution by computers or other methods. Define data requirements, gather and validate information, as well as apply judgment and statistical tests. Assist in performing verification and testing of model to ensure adequacy or determine the need for reformulation. Prepare reports to the team leader defining the problem, evaluation, and possible solutions. Assist in evaluating implementation and effectiveness of research. Assist in the design, conduct, and evaluation of operational models where limited data exists to formulate a model.
- Research architectures
- Gather data needed to run models
- Develop mathematical or simulation modeling prototypes
- Maintain/update scenario runs
- Run the selected mathematical or simulation models
- Prepare reports defining the problem, its evaluation, and possible solutions
- Evaluate implementation and effectiveness of research
- Design and evaluate operational models where limited data is available
- Propose potential mathematical or simulation modeling approaches to be applied to a specific problem
- Conduct analyses of management and operational problems
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems for solution by computers or other methods
- Apply statistical tests to validate information
- Recommend to the M&S Team specific manipulative or computational methods to be applied to the models
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy, or determines the need for reformulation
- Experience in the application of M&S to Decision Analysis problems
- Experience in using at least four (4) of the following products:
- LOGICAL DECISIONS
- Domain Areas: SIGINT, Modeling and Simulation, Information Assurance, Computer Network Operations, Manufacturing, Service Industry, IT, and Service Industry
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Science, or related discipline
- In some cases, years of experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Progress Through Our People
Nyla’s culture is built on the understanding that together, with our collective energy, talent, and fierce determination, we never stop believing and building the impossible. We are life-long learners, ever-curious and not afraid to dream.
If you have the unique experience and expertise we are seeking, along with the desire and determination to invest your time and energy as a part of Nyla’s Team, we will provide you with a first-class compensation package along with our uniquely Nyla benefits.
We Have the Total Package | Healthy Lifestyle, Learning, Health and Wellness, Financial Wellness, Financial Protection. From the start, Nyla is different. We never embraced the idea of a workplace and policies stuck in the industrial age--we treat our employees as valued contributors, not commodities. At Nyla, we strive to understand the needs of our workforce and are committed to continuously evolving practices and policies, making adjustments that meaningfully address the changing needs and desires of our workforce.
At Nyla we talk about employee investment, not employee costs—a small way we outwardly provide our great people with benefits that cover your overall well-being. Nyla offers group benefits, 100% paid by Nyla, that include CareFirst medical, dental, and vision coverage. To support your personal goals for overall well-being and health, we provide a healthy living and fitness benefit of up to $500.00 per anniversary year. We believe that an ongoing investment in your professional learning and development is a cornerstone to our success, so we go all-in and provide up to $5,000 per anniversary year to support your growth. Tuition assistance of up to $5,250 per year. We want to protect you and your future—Nyla provides, at no cost to you, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance. And, to augment your financial beyond today’s salary, Nyla offers up to 10% employer contribution/match in our retirement plan. Lastly, we understand the importance of recharging and replenishing yourself, so we provide new employees with 4 weeks of Paid Annual Leave and 10 holidays, plus each year you are with the company, you get an extra day off.
To learn more about Nyla's culture and our exceptional benefit packages click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer--but we are more than that – We are open-minded, and care only about your capability, your drive, and your desire and determination to contribute your gifts and talents fully.
Nyla Technology Solutions
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Nyla Technology Solutions