Cloud Solution Engineer
- Expired: June 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nyla Technology Solutions is a Women-Owned Small Business that is forward-thinking and bold at every step which has earned us a solid reputation of being technical trendsetters within the industry. Headquartered in the heart of Baltimore City, Maryland, Nyla delivers exceptional software systems engineering services for the U.S. Government. Our customers like how we tackle their toughest problems., and so Nyla is adding people who have a passion for doing fun, impactful work. If you are a person who welcomes opportunities to apply your skills in new ways, Nyla has challenges for you. We seek out people with agile, diverse mindsets who are looking for a place to growprofessionally and personally. We create opportunities for you to share your knowledge and experience with the team, and learn from others via training, mentoring, and movement across the many contracts Nyla supports. Nyla endeavors to give back to our communitylending our energy and talents to support local area organizations helping people in need. At Nyla, you will have a place to grow, get, and give where you are passionate.
How We Show Up Every Day
Team Nyla shows up every day with the intention to be awesomeproactively working to accurately interpret and fully understand our clients challenges and add value to solving those challenges. Knowing the mission, context, and end-users is how we deliver optimal, creative, and innovative solutions. We design our systems with precision, logic, and adaptability, solving the technical and engineering needs of today with an eye on scaling for tomorrow. We endeavor to meet the highest standards of personal conduct and act as a trusted-provider for our clients--this is how we develop and maintain our enduring relationships with customers and business partners.
We are pursuing individual(s) for the position of Cloud Solution Engineer. If this position sounds like a good fit and you have a track record of delivering solid results, please apply.
The individual(s) selected as a Cloud Computing Infrastructure Architect; you know how to take advantage of cloud capabilities. On our team of experts, youll usecutting-edge enterprise cloud platforms tosupportyour clientsas theymodernize their IT infrastructure and meet their most challenging missions. Were looking for someone like you tohelp build and operate the Department of Defense's premier data analytics platform and "source of truth."
Youll closely collaboratewith fellow cloud architects and engineers specializing in AWStodesign, define/develop, test, and debug cloud infrastructure and solution components. Youll have the chance to workwithin a DevOps framework tobuild and manage container apps and use products like Kubernetes to further the mission.With access to our internal AWS, youll have the space and time to explore different ways of solving our clients challenges, and youll partner with stakeholders and your team to deliver the right technical solutions. Whether modernizing legacy computing platforms and applications or building new ones from scratch, youll have the latest tech and brightest teammates at your fingertips.
- Someone with a solid background developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- A person who appreciates the opportunity to be independent, creative and challenged.
- An individual with a curious mind, passionate about solving problems quickly and bringing innovative ideas to the table.
- 3-5 years experience building, operating, and maintaining compliant computing environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance (IA) policies and practices for Linux and/or Windows (STIGs)
- Experience with AWS cloud-native infrastructure (e.g. VPC, Security Groups, IAM Policies)
- Experience coordinating/testing/validating/troubleshooting data connections (e.g. JDBC)
- Top Secret SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or compensating experience
- Security+ certification
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience configuring SSL/TLS connections
- Experience with both Linux (Red Hat) and Microsoft Windows Server
- Ability to design and deploy networks in AWS (VPC, SG's, NACLs, Transit Gateways)
- Top Secret/SCI clearance w/CI Polygraph
- CISSP certification
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- In some cases, years of experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Progress Through Our People
Nylas culture is built on the understanding that together, with our collective energy, talent, and fierce determination, we never stop believing and building the impossible. We are life-long learners, ever-curious and not afraid to dream.
If you have the unique experience and expertise we are seeking, along with the desire and determination to invest your time and energy as a part of Nylas Team, we will provide you with a first-class compensation package along with our uniquely Nyla benefits.
We Have the Total Package | Healthy Lifestyle, Learning, Health and Wellness, Financial Wellness, Financial Protection. From the start, Nyla is different. We never embraced the idea of a workplace and policies stuck in the industrial age--we treat our employees as valued contributors, not commodities. At Nyla, we strive to understand the needs of our workforce and are committed to continuously evolving practices and policies, making adjustments that meaningfully address the changing needs and desires of our workforce.
At Nyla we talk about employee investment, not employee costsa small way we outwardly provide our great people with benefits that cover your overall well-being. Nyla offers group benefits, 100% paid by Nyla, that include CareFirst medical, dental, and vision coverage. To support your personal goals for overall well-being and health, we provide a healthy living and fitness benefit of up to $500.00 per anniversary year. We believe that an ongoing investment in your professional learning and development is a cornerstone to our success, so we go all-in and provide up to $5,000 per anniversary year to support your growth or tuition assistance of up to $5,250 per year. We want to protect you and your futureNyla provides, at no cost to you, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance. And, to augment your financial beyond todays salary, Nyla offers up to 10% employer contribution/match in our retirement plan. Lastly, we understand the importance of recharging and replenishing yourself, so we provide new employees with 4 weeks of Paid Annual Leave and 11 holidays, plus each year you are with the company, you get an extra day off.
To learn more about Nyla's culture and our exceptional benefit packages click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer--but we are more than that we are open-minded, and care only about your capability, your drive, and your desire and determination to contribute your gifts and talents fully.
Nyla Technology Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Nyla Technology Solutions