Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape this product. You live and breathe device software that require high stability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to intuit innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote anywhere in the US or Canada, or onsite in Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ
Reports To: Sr Engineering Manager
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Lead key initiatives within Connected Devices
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentor other engineers, including Senior Engineers
- Work across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Build software that adheres to our high bar on stability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Work with the latest open source technologies
What You Bring
- 7+ years experience of professional software development in C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language
- 7+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 3+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Experience with Embedded Linux development and/or RTOS
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
NxT LevelAustin, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.