Backend Engineer -- VR
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Backend / Cloud Engineer
100% remote in the US.
We're looking for a Backend Engineer who is excited to join a rapidly growing, public company that is releasing a game changing , life saving VR training software. This person will be a part of the founding team AR/VR team and will be responsible for bridging the gap between our VR content and the broader company ecosystem. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and build cloud services that power our VR and AR-based training, as well as build out a broader engineering team over time. The training we produce will communicate with our cloud, based in Microsoft Azure Platform, and provide both internal and external users an experience to manage VR analytics reporting, VR content, device health, and an admin portal for the thousands of agencies where our VR systems are deployed. You will partner with multiple engineering teams, both internally and externally, while leveraging your interest in backend technologies and services to make our solutions better, easier to maintain and more performant. We are working with cutting edge technology and need your help to make it all come together.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Do you want to work on a project that is LITERALLY SAVING LIVES?
- Do you love solving massive complex problems with simple solutions?
- Do you want to work for a team on the cutting-edge of VR training software?
If you're answer yes to these questions, then this role is probably for you!
- 5+ years experience software engineering experience
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability Cloud Service Technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure) including Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with managed languages (Java, Scala, C#, Go or similar)
- Experience in REST architecture for web services and building secure, scalable APIs
- Have worked on or passionate about AR/VR projects
- Interest in building a small team of developers
- Android mobile development experience
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Weekly team VR happy hours
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
TechnologyView all jobs at NxT Level