Clinical Education Specialist
Nuwellis, Inc. Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Nuwellis, Inc., formerly CHF Solutions Inc., is a medical device company dedicated to changing the lives of patients suffering from fluid overload with its Aquadex SmartFlow ultrafiltration therapy.
We are seeking a Clinical Education Specialist to support the Minneapolis, MN region - includes Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
This individual will provide training and education in target hospital accounts and provides support to Account Managers (sales) by assisting in launching the therapy into new accounts and supporting clinical needs of current customers.
- Provide clinical education and training, through in-services and hands-on demonstration to the healthcare providers at designated customer sites.
- Support Account Manager through regular contact with key stakeholders, medical and clinical specialists and technical staff.
- Initiates, develops and maintains excellent rapport and relationship with hospital personnel and clinicians at assigned sites.
- Gains an understanding of each customer's needs, and effectively handles objections to gain commitment by customers which results in the appropriate delivery of therapy.
- Effectively work with physicians and nurses to increase therapy utilization based on best practices.
- Support Account Managers with increasing prescriber base and expanding utilization to multiple specialties.
- Support Account Managers by assisting with inventory control, documentation, and other activities which provide best practice therapies within an account.
- Effectively communicates with field management, commercial team management and clinical study personnel on all clinical activities at assigned hospitals in support of business goals.
- Provide technical device training and support for Nuwellis therapies to hospital/clinic personnel to ensure that sites are delivering therapy according to product labeling.
- Provide clinical and technical support before, after, and during therapy.
- Identify barriers and develop solutions for Nuwellis therapy at site(s) that are not self-sufficient in therapy delivery according to product labeling.
- Collaborate closely with nursing and physician faculty to define and maintain procedural best practices that promote positive clinical outcomes and expand adoption of Nuwellis' products and therapy as directed by the company.
- Provided learned market intelligence on customer and competitor activity and communicate to the field management and commercial management teams.
- Assists in content development, presents, and assess trainees progress during all field employee training programs.
- Provide feedback of training materials and programs as requested to Marketing team.
- Collaborate with internal R&D, sales, marketing, and clinical teams to provide recommendations of training needs and improvements to existing materials and programs as requested.
- Ensure the highest level of product knowledge is attained and maintained.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of and adherence to any corporate or government compliance issues.
- Adheres to all compliance to all laws and applicable Nuwellis policies and SOPs regarding the interaction with HCP's (Health Care Professionals), product handling and complaints, expense reporting, sales activities and training.
- Controls and manages individual expenses in the most cost-effective manner for the company.
- Work is performed under general direction.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems and may refer to established policies and precedents.
- On call duties may be required 24 hours a day/ 7 days per week.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Registered Nursing (RN) License, or bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) or Healthcare field required.
- Advanced practice nursing certifications or licensing, or MS degree in Nursing or Healthcare field is a plus.
- 5+ years of overall experience required with a minimum of 2 years in a healthcare provider role.
- Industry experience preferred (i.e., clinical support, medical device).
- Experience in Critical Care, Heart Failure Unit, Heart Failure Clinic, Cardiovascular, CV Surgery, or ICU unit, Emergency Department, Pediatrics (PICU, NICU), or Dialysis unit in a hospital or clinic preferred.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional clinical partners and customers in the health care industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a training or mentoring role is a plus.
- Ability to identify and adapt to shifting priorities and competing demands.
- Able to work and stand in procedure room, ICU, step down units and clinics for long periods of time during procedures and treatments.
- Willing to work after office hours/weekends.
- Willing to travel. Travel estimated up to 50%.
*In addition to a competitive compensation package, Nuwellis, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Nuwellis, Inc.