Lead Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NuvoLogic Consulting is seeking a Lead Business Analyst with a strong business analysis background to elicit requirements, perform end-to-end UAT, and develop a data governance framework in support of a data mart development project in AWS to aggregate data for consumption by financial models. This contract is to support a project at Ginnie Mae. The qualified Lead Business Analyst will have experience with Ginnie Mae data and/or systems with strong data analysis and problem-solving skills and be expected to facilitate communication and meetings to support the success of the database warehouse development. The Lead Business Analyst will work with IT and business stakeholders, such as data engineers, data architects, system analysts, business users, data governance analysts, financial model developers and client management to understand the current data environment, existing challenges, needs of the financial modelers and key objectives. The Consultant will support the project manager and be the Lead Business Analyst to ensure project objectives and deliverables are met.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead planning, facilitation of requirements sessions with client stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Elicit and document functional requirements to develop a data mart in AWS to be an input into financial models with financial statement and reporting impacts.
- Ability to develop data models to build a roadmap and work with data architects to determine target architecture.
- Analyze and query large data sets using SQL to conduct UAT testing and research related to differences identified, discrepancies, outliers, anomalies.
- Create test plan, develop test cases, requirements traceability matrix, document test results to support UAT effort.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate system or requirement defects in a timely manner.
- Liaise between the business area and IT/database architects and database engineers to ensure requirements are accurately reflected in the data mart.
- Strong understanding and experience in the formation and execution of data governance framework, policy, standards for financial services firms.
- Capture and communicate project status and issues to project manager and management team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or similar major.
- 7+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and Excel.
- Expert level knowledge of real estate finance.
- Knowledge of data integration, data quality, ETL, data warehousing, and data governance obtained either through formal university training or through participation in data integration projects.
- Specific knowledge of data as it relates to modeling operations, financial reporting, and operational risk management obtained either through formal university training or through participation in data integration projects.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a supervisory business analyst in the areas of data integration, data warehousing, and transformation, complex program management and financial systems implementation. Must have industry relevant experience within real estate finance and mortgage securitization.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience participating as a business analyst or equivalent in federal contracts that have both commercial and federal financial reporting and operations impact.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience participating in a technical project through HUD PPM or similar federal agency project management requirements, including the timely preparation of high quality artifacts and deliverables required by each project phase.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in performing requirements development and documentation preparation for the utilization of cloud-based technologies (ideally AWS) in the creation, transformation, integration, migration of data and business processes from an inefficient, manual current state to a highly controlled, documented, auditable, efficient future state.
- Experience collaborating with senior leadership, stakeholders, customers, and system owners to determine the financial, business, and operational requirements and goals.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and analyses results to both technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in written form.
NuvoLogic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. NuvoLogic participates in E-Verify.
NuvoLogic is a growing company and we are looking for individuals to grow with us. We are looking for consultants who not only have strong technical skills, but are well-rounded, analytical, detail oriented, inquisitive, problem solvers. We encourage you to share ideas and explore innovation, but also inspire you to implement those ideas and think big. We foster a collaborate and supportive environment where you can do your best work and think of your greatest ideas.
NuvoLogic Consulting, Inc.
NuvoLogic Consulting is a management consulting company in the Northern Virginia area. We engage with public and private sector clients with a primary focus on financial services and mortgage finance. We help our clients in the areas of finance, accounting and operations, risk management, business and data analytics, and information technology. NuvoLogic is a growing company and we are looking for individuals to grow with us. We are looking for consultants who not only have strong technical skills, but are well-rounded, analytical, detail oriented, inquisitive, problem solvers. We encourage you to share ideas and explore innovation, but also inspire you to implement those ideas and think big. We foster a collaborate and supportive environment where you can do your best work and think of your greatest ideas.
1765 Greensboro Station PlaceWashington, DC
BusinessView all jobs at NuvoLogic Consulting, Inc.