Nuviva Medical Weight Loss Lake Mary, FL
- Posted: 25 days ago
- $13 to $17 Hourly
- Benefits: medical
We are looking for an outgoing and upbeat Medical Assistant to help in our weight loss clinic in Lake Mary. They will Assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. The Medical Assistant will perform the following tasks: measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and record information on patients' charts, draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis, perform ECG on new patient, give patients injections, prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients, assist other employees in keeping the office clean, prep medications and injections.
Requires a high school diploma and medical assistant certificate and 0-2 years of experience in a related field. Candidate should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures. Must have the ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner. Work under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone
- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight, heart rate and perform injections as necessary; record patient info.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions
- Schedule patients for their next visit
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Enhance practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Serve and protect the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards
- Enhance health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Medical assistant top skills & proficiencies:
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Clinical Skills
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Procedural Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Inventory Control
- Supply Management
- Customer Focus
- Bedside Manner
Nuviva Medical Weight LossWhy Work Here?
Here at Nuviva, we are family oriented, team players, and we are extremely passionate about helping others achieve their goals.
719 Rodel Cove Lake Mary FL 32746Lake Mary, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Nuviva Medical Weight Loss