Provides patient care by conducting patient assessments, administering treatment and medications, performing diagnostic tests, and arranging patient follow-up. Records medical history and symptoms, completing documentation in the electronic medical record. Coordinates patient care, acting as a liaison with other organizations. Provides patient education before and after procedures, use of medical devices and equipment, and prescriptions.
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient electronic medical record.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Executing medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate.
- Patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
- Operating medical equipment.
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA guidelines, CLIA regulations, and HIPPA medical privacy guidelines.
- General office skills including office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.