Class B Truck Driver - Biglerville, PA
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment, maintain maintenance records, & other duties as assigned.
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials
- To unload or assist in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck
- To operatestraight truckaccording to state laws
- To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures, return completed paper work to shipping office, and to maintain any related records required
- Must be able to lift and move up to60 pounds
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, air in tires, and to report any maintenance malfunctions to maintenance department
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Valid driver's license & Current CDL (ClassB) required. Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements necessary.
- DOT-minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Must be able to work 40+ hour weeks, includingSaturdays at certain times of the year.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions'policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
System ID 2019-8633
Job Category Supply Chain, Distribution & Logistics
Business Unit Retail - Nutrien Ag Solutions
Number of Positions (Vacancies) 1