Quality Control Laboratory Technician
About the Position
The Quality Control Laboratory Technician will perform testing of raw materials, in-process products, finished dietary supplement products, and packaging components according to approved methods and standard operating procedures.
Hours- 1:00 pm- 9:30 pm
· Perform physico-chemical and organoleptic evaluation of raw materials, in-process products, finished dietary supplement products, and stability studies samples. Prepare chemical solutions for testing.
· Perform calibration verification on some laboratory equipment and instruments as needed. Operate testing instrumentation in a safe and professional manner.
· Document laboratory work using laboratory worksheets/notebooks. Documentation must be detailed, accurate and meet Good Documentation Practices requirements.
· Notify Quality Control Laboratory Management of unusual product observations or analytical results during analysis to assure potential quality issues are identified, reviewed and resolved prior to release of product.
· Perform peer review of testing data in logbooks and/or controlled worksheets.
· Assist with investigation of customer complaints for root cause of complaint issue. Assist in investigation of nonconforming products.
· Maintain laboratory glassware, laboratory supplies inventory and order lab materials as needed.
· Perform routine laboratory maintenance tasks including organization and cleaning of work areas, disposal of product samples, chemicals and hazardous waste. Keep laboratory conditions clean and organized at all times.
· Maintain sample retention inventory.
· Maintain retrievable and traceable system of quality documentation.
· Perform administrative duties; including copying and filing. Assist with special projects and tasks as assigned.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; Bachelor’s in Chemistry, Biology or Physical Sciences preferred.
· Experience with physical testing and wet chemistry, dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical analytical techniques and equipment are a plus.
· Experience in working in a regulated environment, i.e. FDA, USP, NSF, ISO
· Experience within the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and/or medical device industry
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, order processing software, project management software, and manufacturing software.
Who we Are
Nutrawise Health & Beauty, located in Irvine California, is a leading manufacturer of health and wellness supplements including the award winning line of youtheory® products which are sold in over 50,000 retailers worldwide. With over 200 years of combined service in the natural foods and supplement industry, Nutrawise executives are committed to its mission of being a purpose built company that continually supports a wide range of charitable organizations both locally and globally.
NutrawiseNutrawise Health & Beauty, located in Irvine California, is a leading manufacturer of health and wellness supplements including the award winning line of youtheory® products which are sold in over 50,000 retailers worldwide. With over 100 years of combined service in the natural foods and supplement industry, Nutrawise executives are committed to its mission of being a purpose built company that continually supports a wide range of charitable organizations both locally and globally.