Associate Director of Preclinical and Translational Research
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of Position:
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to assist the Vice President of Innovation in managing all non-clinical functions (pharmacology, safety, and toxicology) in our Company's R&D. This position will be responsible to develop strategies and oversee metabolism and pharmacokinetic activities to progress company plans from lead identification, optimization through early development. This will involve direct supervision of personnel, designing and implementing nonclinical testing strategies to support projects through development, preparation, and review of development documents, and serve as a subject matter expert for internal development teams.
- Ability to analyze and report results from literature reviews and preclinical studies.
- Understand and apply principles of biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics/drug metabolism, pathology, and toxicology when designing studies and analyzing results.
- Ability to strategize with or lead cell culture laboratory initiatives
- Strategically prioritize programs with respect to opportunity, risk and resource bandwidth; ability to operate across scientific disciplines on multiple projects
- Source, evaluate, and develop the key strategies for advancing lead molecules, including identification and management of relationships with CROs where appropriate
- Generate posters, presentations, and scientific publications.
- Actively participate in external professional and scientific organizations.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) and other regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate with the stakeholders regarding the project status, resourcing, and study plans. Plan study activities to meet the established timelines. Prioritize and re-prioritize activities as needed to deal with unanticipated, urgent and long-term requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance is required
- Communicate effectively with your team, supervision and other departments within the organization and function within a team, promoting positive work environment
- PharmD, Ph.D. in pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant industry experience supporting drug Discovery and Development programs.
- Ability to solve complex scientific problems and to work equally effectively as a leader with external partners, or as a member within a matrixed, team environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with scientists on cross-functional projects teams, and comfortable to work at a fast-paced environment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?