Food Program Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting to the Director of Nutrition, the food program specialist functions as the primary liaison between Family Child Care Educators, Center Based Programs (Centers), and the agency. Responsibilities include ongoing nutritional training of FCC Educators and Nurtury staff, and conducting site reviews to ensure compliance with the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) requirements.
- Conduct regular site reviews in FCC Educator programs and Centers to review and ensure compliance with CACFP and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) requirements.
- Orient new FCC Educators, cooks, and related staff to the food program.
- Complete monthly claim processing as required.
- Project a professional image both internally and externally through oral and written communications.
- Responsible for completion of required FCC Educator, Center, and child documentation.
- Provide the Finance Department with accurate and timely reports in order to process FCC Educator payments, and submit FCC and center-based DESE claims for reimbursement while ensuring CACFP compliance.
- Review and process FCC Educator menus and meal attendance as well as develop monthly menus for the Centers.
- As requested, provide regular reporting of FCC Educator, Center, and child information with Director of Nutrition and Food Service.
- Maintain current determination of tier or reimbursement status of FCC Educators, families, and children.
- Communicate with FCC Educators and administrative staff as well as Centers as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions:
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Prior knowledge of CACFP requirements strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge of nutritional requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual oral and written skills (English/Spanish) required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer efficiency with MS Office, internet/e-mail/virtual meeting systems
- Travel required
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?