Nursing & Therapy Services of ColoradoColorado Springs, CO
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NTSOC was started by a parent with a special needs child in 2001 so parents can get their children Medicaid waivers and be trained to be paid CNAs while taking care of their families and their medically fragile child. NTSOC provides supportive services to special needs pediatric patients and their families. Governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, NTSOC serves families throughout El Paso, Fremont, Pueblo, and Teller counties.
BENEFITS of Working for us:
* Medical, dental, vision insurance to employees working 20 or more hours a week. * 403b is available for your retirement * Paid time off to all employees working 20 or more hours a week * Paid sick days up to 10 a year depending on hours worked. * Paid Holidays
NTSOC is a nonprofit organization providing the pediatric special needs community in southern Colorado with compassionate quality nursing-supervised home care, case management, and outpatient therapy.
It is the policy of NTSOC to achieve a goal of equality in the treatment of employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age (40 or older), national origin, disability status or genetic information in hiring, promoting, training, compensating, transferring, counseling, terminating and all other company activities.
Job Summary: Directs the assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, communication and leadership to address the physical therapy needs of patients as well as foster working relationships among professionals and ancillary staff. The physical therapist may serve infants, children, and adolescents clients.
* Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, consults with other professionals as necessary, reassesses patient status and adjusts care plan as needed to ensure optimal outcome. * Designs and implements a plan of care based on evaluation of patient status. * Conducts provision of therapy within accepted standards of care and in accordance with state physical therapy laws. * Provides physical therapy in home care setting as assigned. * Communicates effectively with clients, relatives, professional and support staff to achieve desired patient outcomes. * Adheres to established agency policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards. * Maintains current and accurate records of properly signed prescriptions, patient evaluations, treatments, goals and plan of care. Ensures conformity to regulations and requirements of third party payers. * Performs patient care visits in accordance with Agency productivity requirements. * Enhances professional growth and development of self and the department staff through presentations and participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops. * Provides direction and leadership to students and staff when called upon.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: Graduation from a physical therapy program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Minimum Experience: One year physical therapy experience.
* Current license or eligibility for license to practice physical therapy by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Affairs (DORA). * CPR Certification. * Current auto liability insurance in accordance with Agency policy. * Current professional liability insurance in accordance with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agency rules.
* Ability to develop treatment plans according to patient needs and current treatment concepts. * Ability to personally relate to clients of all ages and their needs and concerns. * Ability to remain current in the skills and knowledge necessary for excellent patient care. * Clear and concise oral and written communication skills. * Current knowledge of laws related to patient care.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls and communicate effectively with other people. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
* is generally performed in a home environment or clinical setting. May be exposed to occupational hazards such as communicable diseases, harmful chemicals, and/or disoriented or combative patients. Lifting up to 50 lbs. may be necessary. Alertness and careful attention to detail are necessary to avoid injury. Must be able to work under stress and be emotionally capable of coping with changes in activity.
Computer based word processing. Office equipment used such as copiers, printers and fax machines.
Nursing & Therapy Services of Colorado
Colorado Springs,CO USA
Get fresh Physical Therapist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Physical Therapist Part Time Also Searched