We are looking for a Respiratory Therapist (RT) to join our team and help to restore patients pulmonary function, alleviate pain, and support life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy.
- Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops respiratory therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Respiratory Therapist Skills and Qualifications:
Bedside Manner, Physiological Knowledge, Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Medical Teamwork, Judgment, Procedural Skills, People Skills
- Give quality care to patients requiring intensive care, in accordance with established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Document and maintain consumer medical records, recording all changes as they occur.
- Make rounds with physicians, document medication changes, notify proper staff of changes.
- Handle emergencies.
Respiratory Therapist (RT) Skills and Qualifications
- Degree from an accredited program, in good standing
- Current ACLS and BLS certification
- At least 1 year of experience
- Must be able to act effectively in emergency situations
- Must have outstanding internal and external customer service skills
Nurses eaRN It Medical Staffing Group proudly offers most contract, travel, and PRN healthcare professionals medical insurance plans with over 100 options to choose from. We also offer professional liability insurance coverage that exceeds the industry standard. Please click the links below for more information regarding Nurses eaRN It, and the health and liability insurance options we offer.
Nurses eaRN It Medical Staffing Group
Why Work Here?Nurses eaRN It Medical Staffing Group places exceptional and talented medical professionals in exciting and rewarding jobs across the country. We work closely with healthcare facilities to match employees with the right position from per diem to permanent placement. Nurses eaRN It Medical Staffing Group proudly offers most contract, travel, and PRN healthcare professionals medical insurance plans with over 100 options to choose from. We also offer professional liability insurance coverage that exceeds the industry standard. Please click the links below for more information regarding Nurses eaRN It, and the health and liability insurance options we offer. https://www.nursesearnit.com/index.php/about-us.html https://www.nursesearnit.com/healthbenefits
We offer RAPID PAY – With us, YOU get paid within 2 hours of submitting your timesheet!