Nursefinders is currently seeking certified Medical Assistants for local 13 week contracts in the Bellingham, WA area.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
1. Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
2. Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
3. Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. May transport specimens.
6. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
7. maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
8. May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
9. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical office preferred.
- Current BLS and other Certifications as needed