Have you ever considered being a Registered Nurse for first time mom's and babies? You would help to transform the lives of our vulnerable moms and babies while developing rewarding relationships and helping them to navigate their world. Below is a brief summary of the position. If this is a role that speaks to you, please apply today!
Nurse-Family Partnership, a maternal and early childhood home visiting program, fosters long-term success for first-time moms, their babies, and society. Nurse-Family Partnership's maternal health program introduces vulnerable first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses. This program allows nurses to deliver the support first-time moms need to have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life while having the ability to change clinical outcomes for families.
For more information go to www.nursefamilypartnership.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Registered Nurse (RN) Arizona State license in good standing required.
- 2 years of recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred.
- Ability to model a strengths-based, client-centered approach.
- Exhibits basic attitude of self-reflection and working in partnership.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, low-income families, communities
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office products and the Internet and ability to acquire new computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to embrace change positively and function effectively as a team member.
- Exercises care and compassion in decision making; maintains objectivity.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Access to personal automobile, current automobile insurance, valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Able to travel by air to Denver, CO for all in-person education sessions.