Software Engineer (multiple openings)
Numerica's Software Engineers excel at developing state-of-the art algorithms and software that solve scientific problems with real-world applications. Working in small innovative teams, our software engineers build solutions that make a difference. Our research endeavors don’t end once we’ve written a journal or conference paper describing our technology; rather, our work is complete when our technology has been deployed in mission-critical systems and our customers within government and industry are successful. As science fiction writer Arthur Clarke wrote, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” Numerica is seeking talented “magicians” to join in our mission to expand the boundary of what’s possible.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the direction of a small team with your expertise and ideas;
- Prototype state-of-the-art software solutions in an agile development environment;
- Implement high-performance software spanning the spectrum from tactical systems to web applications;
- Use high-fidelity modeling and simulation environments, innovative analysis tools, and sound analysis techniques to quantify the benefit of our technology;
- Engage with our customers, to ensure successful outcomes for their mission-critical needs;
- Work with all aspects of the software development lifecycle;
- Help your colleagues and customers understand what you’re doing and why.
Recommended Background and Experience
A Software Engineer at Numerica should possess a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied or Computational Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Controls and Dynamical Systems, Statistics and Probability, or a closely related field. A Software Engineer should have a record of academic excellence, including demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software engineering: software design, algorithm implementation, and software analysis, testing, and optimization;
- Machine learning: supervised and unsupervised learning, clustering, and classification;
- Applied mathematics: differential equations, linear algebra, optimization, statistics, and random processes;
- Engineering: controls, estimation theory, and digital signal processing.
A Software Engineer should also have proven expertise in some of the following languages and technologies:
- C/C++, Python, and Matlab;
- Big data/NoSQL/database technologies;
A Software Engineer should have effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey salient details about advanced technology in a compelling manner to both experts and non-experts alike.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Due to the nature of the work performed at Numerica, all applicants must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Security Clearance. At a minimum, this requires that a candidate be a U.S. citizen with a personal history indicating trustworthiness, reliability, and sound judgment (e.g., clean criminal record, no use of illegal drugs, etc.).
Salary range: $80,900-$164,300 estimated annual base salary plus incentives
Numerica is an equal opportunity employer. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Numerica CorporationFort Collins, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.