Food and Beverage Production Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this role, you will be responsible to work with the production team to manufacture Nulixir’s proprietary products. High productivity is expected and familiarity with conducting experiments is highly desired. You will be part of a small team working on new technology approaches to address unmet consumer needs and/or resolve technical tensions, and should possess excellent interpersonal skills.
We are looking for someone with a degree in the following fields:
Nanotechnology, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Colloid & Surface Science, Nanoparticle Synthesis.
Some Things We Consider Important in This Role:
- Productive experience in flavor and food ingredient creation
- Knowledge and/or experience in liquid-state nanoparticle synthesis and the related characterization techniques.
- Track record of publications and presentation indicative of high recognition of candidate’s research in relevant areas by peers.
- Experience working in a GMP environment.
- $58K-$76K base + Bonus
· A unique and diverse company culture, shaped by people with commitment, sense of responsibility, risk-taking and discipline;
· An excellent start-up work environment, flat hierarchy, and short decision paths;
· Competitive salary;
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance;
· Annual Performance Bonus.
About the Company:
Nulixir is a business-to-business (B2B) nano biotechnology company that develops, manufactures, and licenses intellectual property (IP) for smart nanocarriers, called nanovesicles, which optimize the performance of functional ingredients in food & beverage products. These specialized food-grade nanovesicles are engineered to mask functional ingredients’ flavors and tune their performance in the body. Nulixir’s products are available in both solid powder and liquid concentrate formats which can be incorporated into a wide variety of food & beverage products.
Founded in 2019, the company brought a together a team of CPG leaders, scientists, US attorneys, and nutritionists to overcome long-standing challenges in the Food and Beverage Industry. The firm’s founder has extensive experience in the development of nanocarriers for cancer therapeutics. Transferring that knowledge to F&B production, the company’s highly insulated nanovesicle technology uses GRAS (generally regarded as safe) ingredients.
The company’s proprietary food-grade nanovesicles resolve prevalent issues associated with incorporation of functional ingredients including poor taste, limited bioavailability, slow onset, uncontrolled release kinetics, product stability, and shelf-life longevity. With several patents in hand, and more pending relative to the process and structure and ingredient base for the nanovesicles, Nulixir possesses compelling insulation and a competitive advantage.
We recruit, promote, and reward based off of our five core values:
· Sleeves Up - At Nulixir, we provide the autonomy and creativity needed to own your role, iterate where needed and drive impact on a massive scale.
· 100% Transparency - Nulixir is passionate about open feedback at all levels of the company. This allows us to fail fast, create in real time and build an open company culture.
· Be Defiantly Great - We are defiant, that’s in our lifeblood, we accomplish what other people think are impossible. Challenging the status quo is our lifeblood.
· Unconditional Empathy - Our customers are real people with real business needs, and we are here to listen and tackle accordingly. If we care and respect each other, there is no challenge we can’t overcome.
· Be the solution, not just the critic - take ownership and drive collaboration. We work together and we build together.
Pay range in Austin, Texas Metropolitan Area
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
$55,000/yr - $70,000/yr
8609 Cross Park DrAustin, TX
Get fresh Food Production Manufacturing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.