- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Team: Business Operations
Job Type: Salary, Full-time
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Nugget is looking for a Controller to join our team as we continue to grow! This is an exciting and key role that will report directly to the Chief Business Officer (CBO), and play a significant role in leading Nugget's Finance Team. This role will have complete responsibility for the accounting and financial planning functions – doing everything from ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, and tax reporting, to developing our team, processes, and infrastructure for company growth and creating a culture of financial understanding and best practices across the organization. An ideal candidate is excited to bring a strategic mindset and financial expertise to Nugget – helping our company continue to grow, innovate, and scale, while managing the daily details the function requires. If this sounds like you - we'd love for you to apply today!
What is Nugget? We are an industry-leading, fun-loving, furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we're just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We're proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You'll manage all accounting functions including accounts payable, payroll, credit card and expense reporting, cash management, general ledger, account reconciliations, fixed assets, procurement, and R&D cost tracking
- You'll investigate and clear any issues systematically and at a high degree of accuracy, detail and urgency
- You'll prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, key operating metrics, budget variances, and cash flow projections
- You'll work with the Chief Business Officer and management team to develop operating and capital budgets
- You'll assist in hiring and development of accounting and finance personnel to support business growth
- You'll develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
- You'll implement and improve systems, processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
- You'll comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings – collaborating with our external accounting firm in the preparation of income and other tax returns
- You'll partner with the Chief Business Officer to ensure business insurance coverages are up to date and accurate, and that COI are being obtained from contractors and service providers
- You'll assist with special projects as required and perform other related duties as assigned by management
- You have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- You have 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience as a lead/supervisory accounting professional
- You have strong GAAP accounting skills
- Bonus: You have experience working in Manufacturing, CPG or Retail companies
- Bonus: You have experience with external audits
- You have general Federal and State tax knowledge
- You are proficient with basic accounting software, Quickbooks preferred
- Bonus: You have experience with implementation of ERP software
- You hold yourself and others to a high standard of integrity and values, always prioritizing confidentiality, trust, and championing ethical business practices across your team and/or company
- You are flexible and adaptable, and can deal comfortably with change and operate effectively with changing priorities
- You can communicate effectively to non-financially oriented leaders, providing timely and helpful information across the company
- You have organizational savvy and can effectively build relationships and partner with other individuals, teams, and departments across the company to accomplish goals and achieve results
- You take a forward-thinking, strategic approach to your work, and utilize your insights and knowledge of the business to anticipate future possibilities, industry trends, and implications accurately
- You enjoy discovering new opportunities and creative solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices or standards, and thinking outside the box
- You approach work with a "no job is too small" attitude and have a curious mind, always willing to learn and grow your imagination
- Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
- PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
- 401k Employer Match
- Paid parental leave
- Free Nugget + Team Discount
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.Equal opportunity:
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Exempt Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.