Personal Property Appraisal Examiner
Nugent Appraisal Miami, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Nugent Appraisal is an independent, family owned and operated personal property appraisal firm established in 1976. We are present in 17 cities in the US including Miami, New York, Boston, and San Francisco. We do not appraise real estate - only personal property. Items such as fine art, antiques, sports memorabilia, collectibles, furniture, and jewelry can be appraised for reasons including estate settlement, insurance, and charitable donation. The appraisal process involves an onsite Examination followed by remote research and report production by our independent accredited appraisers.
As an Examiner, you will travel to client homes or offices and gather images and information on items using a device and our application. We do not appraise real property, only personal property. The information you gather is used by our appraisers to identify and value each item. You will be paid an hourly rate for your time onsite, as well as a per-mile travel compensation. Training on Examination methods will be provided to you.
- Accredited gemologist with GG, with fully mobile gemological equipment and up-to-date knowledge on synthetics, treatments, and imitations.
- Experienced using mobile technology professionally, able to quickly learn how to use an inventory app and effectively and efficiently use the app on a device while onsite to gather images and information.
- Professional and presentable, must interact with clients in a friendly and professional manner. Some appraisal needs arise out of challenging situations and Examiner must be businesslike and understanding with clients.
- Mobile, access to transportation and able to travel within a given radius to perform Examinations.
- Available and flexible, provide at least 3 days per week availability for scheduling Examinations. Position is flexible and works well for someone who has consistent days available, where he/she can then select their preferred times for Examinations.
- Detailed and diligent, since our Appraisers are using information and images that is gathered onsite to determine value, Examiner must pay close attention to detail and record it effectively.
It is not required but considered a strength if a candidate is familiar with the personal property appraisal industry and/or any personal property items such as fine art, antiques, collectibles, and household furniture. It is not considered a strength, but not considered a weakness, to have worked in real estate/claims/adjusting.
- Flexible hours that work with your schedule.
- Per mile compensation for travel.
- Work with interesting and historic items.
- Fixed pay increase available as incentive and reward.
- Represent Nugent Appraisal with your own business cards to become recognized in your market.
- No investment in marketing and other business costs, jobs are given to you.
Powered by JazzHR