ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client has a long history in protecting the finances of its customer.
- Researches and analyzes various types of data to produce rate adjustment proposals, reserve estimates or economic capital models; and/or actuarial support for filings with state insurance departments; and/or to implement new rates and rating plans, using existing procedures, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Analyzes data towards developing and proposing solutions for actuarial issues.
- Pursues a Casualty Actuarial Society designation at least through ACAS level. Maintains appropriate Continuing Education credit to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- Researches and analyzes data for special projects within a defined scope. Serves as Property/Casualty Actuarial representative for project committees as assigned.
- 3+ years Commercial and/or Agribusiness pricing experience (Commercial and Agribusiness position only)
- 3+ years Personal Lines (Auto and/or Homeowners) pricing experience (Personal Lines position only)
- 5+ actuarial exams completed
- Experience with Property/Casualty rate level indication process
- Demonstrated ability solving intermediate level actuarial/pricing problems
- Computer skills including Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and basic/intermediate programming skills
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of actuarial student or related experience
- OR, Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study experience
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.