*PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 6 WEEK ASSIGNMENT TO COVER A LEAVE OF ABSENCE*
This position is part of the IT Service Desk team and reports to the Infrastructure Services Manager for the Service Desk and ITSM.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable ability to accurately and efficiently intake and escalate application and hardware issues to our Information Technology partners using a defined, repeatable process.
This position requires a professional, proactive and flexible attitude toward work responsibilities and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. You will receive on-site job training to help you succeed in this full-time position.
Under general guidance, provide accurate, friendly, and efficient customer service over the phone to Weyerhaeuser employees and contractors for their IT-related questions and issues.
- Efficiently intake and resolve 60+% of assigned tickets and service requests using defined, repeatable processes
- Listen and empathize with a wide-ranging customer base and provide helpful solutions and/or educate users with IT related issues
- Politely and efficiently probe to obtain understanding of the incoming caller’s issue or question
- Correspond (written, verbal, electronic) with customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Document customer interactions in a systematic, detailed, and accurate manner
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in accordance with department standards and protocols
- Collaborate actively and regularly within the Infrastructure Services team and across the broader IT organization in order to provide the best possible service to end users
- Provide accurate, friendly, and efficient customer service to Weyerhaeuser employees and contractors for their IT-related questions and issues
- Ability to consistently, efficiently and correctly assess IT issues using knowledge-base answers and follow defined scripting
- Reset Passwords using a variety of password protocols for a wide variety of applications
- Associate degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of progressive, relevant information technology experience
- Proficient in using IT Service Management/Service Desk ticketing tools and can effectively create/search/modify IT Incidents & Service Request tickets in the ITSM system
- Ability to correctly and efficiently probe to obtain understanding of the incoming caller’s issue or question
- Ability to educate end users and perform basic troubleshooting for Outlook, VPN, MFA, web browsers, and Skype
- Customer service experience
- Typing proficiency of 40wpm or greater
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Solid collaboration skills in working together with all members of the team
- Acts on, and displays commitment to, self-development
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with high quality results
- Researching skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot using Knowledge-base articles
- Demonstrate sound judgment in performing tasks and proactively contributes ideas to help improve existing processes
- Demonstrate skills necessary to solve simple problems
- Developing analytical skills used when working with data
- Developing in offering suggestions regarding improvements or enhancements to current tasks, assignments, and projects
- Has a basic knowledge of some areas of the Weyerhaeuser business model
- Ability to flow to work effectively
- Committed to adhering to department schedules, standards and policies
- Consistently use and promote standard processes and tools
Why Work Here?We've been one of Washington's Top 100 Best Workplaces in Washington for five consecutive years. We’re in the business of building great teams that meet individual needs and help grow thriving companies to reach their goals. That means we understand more than most that your people are your culture. We strategically create industry-specific teams that foster a close-knit start-up feel within our own company. This ensures we have a deep knowledge of every sector we serve while allowing us to build unique teams that work (and play) well together. We’re honored to be recognized as one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for five years running, and have applied those same strategies to find the absolute best matches for our clients and candidates to grow happily and successfully.
NuWest has over 20 years of experience in staffing, and we're dedicated to helping you find the perfect fit.