Aerospace Quality Inspector
NuWest Group Kent, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Exciting space exploration engineering company in Puget Sound is seeking to hire an Aerospace First Article/Receiving Inspector. you will inspect components for various spaceflight systems ensuring they meet exacting requirement. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of incoming inspection. With minimal to no supervision, using specific knowledge of aerospace tolerances and inspection equipment, you'll provide accurate data on tight tolerance high value components to determine configuration per engineering designs. The right personality will be a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Kent, WA
Hours: Swing shift, 3pm-12am
Duration: 9+ months, long term opportunity
- Inspect materiel per engineering specifications such as dimensions, hardness and traceability.
- Review all supplied documentation for hardware acceptance per engineering requirements.
- Perform first article and receiving inspections.
- Provide feedback to engineers and buyers with dimensional data.
- Document, track, and complete discrepancy reports.
- Provide inspection time estimates.
- Maintain and track all inspection equipment calibrations.
- Implement process improvements.
- Maintain configuration control on files and job records.
- Safely work within an industrial environment.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in receiving or dimensional inspection of aerospace components.
- Advanced blueprint reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Operator and basic programming for CMM/VCMM/FARO.
- Intermediate to advanced application of inspection concepts and tools
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in the use of precision hand tools, gages, optical comparator, and surface plate work.
- Familiar with the use of personal computers.
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Inventory system knowledge
- Purchase order knowledge
- Faro and Verisurf knowledge
- Basic machining knowledge
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)
NuWest GroupWhy Work Here?
NuWest has over 20 years of experience in staffing, and we're dedicated to helping you find the perfect fit.
We've been one of Washington's Top 100 Best Workplaces in Washington for six consecutive years. We’re in the business of building great teams that meet individual needs and help grow thriving companies to reach their goals. That means we understand more than most that your people are your culture. We strategically create industry-specific teams that foster a close-knit start-up feel within our own company. This ensures we have a deep knowledge of every sector we serve while allowing us to build unique teams that work (and play) well together. We’re honored to be recognized as one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work for five years running, and have applied those same strategies to find the absolute best matches for our clients and candidates to grow happily and successfully.