Exciting space exploration engineering company in Kent, WA is looking to hire a Materials/Lab Process Test Coordinator with experience in materials testing labs.
The company celebrates strong collaboration, unique and innovative solutions, and passion for success. We are searching for open-minded, high-judgement, enthusiastic candidates looking to join our diverse, team-based environment. The right personality will be a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Kent, WA
Duration: 6+ months, long term opportunity
- Coordinate/route test requests and schedules for the Materials and Processes Labs.
- Operate within a LIMS and internal test management system.
- Work with customers to create a demand pipeline.
- Manage expectations for scheduling and workflow priority.
- Ensure proper sample tracking.
- Arrange for sample preparation off-site as needed.
- Facilitate external testing when necessary.
- Track supplies and consumables and order via an internal procurement system as necessary.
- Arrange for and track instrument calibrations.
- Manage long term sample storage.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Experience in manufacturing/production/testing laboratory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field.
- Experience working in a material testing lab.
- Experience with operations management in a laboratory setting.
- Strong skills using computer office tools.
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to self-manage with little to no direction.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to view problems as opportunities.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Previous experience with LIMS is desired but full training will be provided.
- Experience working in an ISO/5S/AS9100 environment.
- Manufacturing experience.
NuWest Group Staffing
Why Work Here?We match job-seekers with roles that build toward strong career paths, at no cost to them. Our mission is to find the best person for the job and the BEST job for the person.
NuWest has over 20 years of experience in staffing, and we're dedicated to helping you find the perfect fit.