Duration: This is a 6 month contract with option to extend. If an FTE spot opens up, they are welcome to apply and be considered.
Shift: Day shift, Mon-Fri 7-4 or 8-5
Notes from the hiring manager: This person would be doing is 100% desktop support, providing onsite break/fix support, hardware moves/relocations, etc. Each morning they check the queue for assigned tickets and work through each one by one. Please ensure all candidates have strong in-person support experience and can site examples of this. All work is done onsite in Kirkland, but they would prefer someone with the ability to drive to a clinic if needed. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs (though they will often have help).
Primary provider of computer desktop support for internal staff by providing computer and application assistance. Support is delivered over the phone, in person, or over the network ensuring that client desktop software is up-to-date, and assists users in their client system computer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all hardware/software installations, configurations, troubleshooting and on-going support associated with desktop/laptop PCs, according to the standards defined by department policy.
- Responsible for responding to IT requests via phone, email, and self-submitted incidents. Documenting all troubleshooting, resolution and escalation steps in the Help desk ticketing system, and help desk documentation, as appropriate.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Basic understanding of computer networks (LAN, WAN, and intranets).
- Basic technical knowledge of PC hardware and workstation operating systems (specifically NT 2000 and XP).
- Working knowledge and the ability to install and configure client software such as Outlook, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft Office suite.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2 year of experience in Information Technology and customer service
- Demonstrated problem solving, excellent communication and listening skills
- Technical understanding of PC hardware
- A+, MCP/MCSE or equivalent