Electronic Repair Technician
NuWest Group Staffing Kirkland, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Electronic Repair/Service Technician
Shift : Day Shift (4-10s Monday - Thursday)
Location: Kirkland, WA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Troubleshoot and service radio communications equipment to the component level. Programs, modifies, and installs options on ICOM products. Includes interfacing with retail customers and dealers to answer technical questions, documenting technical and administrative actions via JDE 1 and associated computer programs. Must have high attention to detail and strong commitment to exceeding customer’s expectations
- Perform repair service on malfunctioning radio products. Includes verifying existence of problem, identify specific problem components and performing necessary repairs. Clean and re-assemble when completed.
- Program, modify and/or align functioning on radio products. Provide quality assurance checks to ensure that modified equipment performs per factory design and specifications.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of hours utilized and parts consumed via current work order system. Interface with Service Administration staff to ensure compliance with current shop reporting requirements.
- AA degree in electronics highly desired or equivalent military training plus 2+ years of electronic technician repair work experience.
- 2-way RF communication equipment experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently, performing complex duties within the electronic technician skill area. This includes ability to troubleshoot and repair basic circuits, basic understanding of microprocessor units and familiarity with their operation.
- Excellent knowledge of the operation and function of electronic test and repair equipment (i.e. meters, scopes, signal generators and spectrum analyzers, frequency counters IFR Service Monitors).
- Soldering skills and familiarity with de-soldering equipment and surface mount component removal and replacement skills required.
- Proficient in schematic and technical drawing interpretation and reading.
- Proficient in computer operations and programs such as MS Office suites. Oracle JDE1 program familiarity highly desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. with or without accommodation.
NuWest Group StaffingWhy Work Here?
NuWest has over 20 years of experience in staffing, and we're dedicated to helping you find the perfect fit.
We match job-seekers with roles that build toward strong career paths, at no cost to them. Our mission is to find the best person for the job and the BEST job for the person.
RetailView all jobs at NuWest Group Staffing