- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have experience stitching complex systems together? Are you interested in building next-generation products that protect people all around the world? NuWest is partnering with a global aerospace and defense company as they search for a Systems Engineer to work with internal and external customers and stakeholders to identify requirements and create verification plans for guided munition programs. You’ll help balance the conflicting nature of requirements and verification scope with cost, schedule, resources and risk and recommend system engineering tools and define processes. You’ll also support business development and work with customer systems engineers in definition of new program requirements. This is a great opportunity to join a global company whose purpose is to empower the United States Armed Forces through readiness and innovation. This onsite/hybrid role in Bothell offers a strong salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Where You’ll Work:
From combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines to guided munition systems, people around the world depend on this company’s products and services for their safety and security. From 1952 to now, this company has provided tanks, rockets, missiles, submarines, warships, fighters and electronics to all of the military services. With a focus on delivering superior products and services while creating value for their shareholders, this employer has a relentless focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct experience working with Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Reliability, Safety, Cybersecurity and Test & Integration engineers to define system and subsystem product solutions.
- Proficient with test and measurement equipment for troubleshooting and conducting system/subsystem testing (e.g., Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers).
- Able to lead and support root cause analysis activities.
- Experience developing subcontractor Statement of Work documents.
- Decompose customer requirements into systems, subsystem, software (etc.) requirements.
- Create high-level system architecture/design using model-based design practices.
- Support creation of sub-system architectures(s), physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces.
- Create and manage the requirements verification database and ensure that it satisfies each system requirement. Produce requirements verification trace matrices for communicating requirements coverage.
- Plan and support implementation of system integration testing and verification program to ensure the system meets all requirements, including development of test procedures and how compliance will be demonstrated.
- Plan and support generation of technical documents and presentation of technical briefings to internal and external customers, including proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering as required.
- Participate in design reviews and program reviews as required, including preparation of presentation materials.
- Ability to obtain Secret level security clearance desirable.
What You’ll Need to Do It:
- BS, MS or PhD in a related engineering field (physics, optics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering)
- 3 to 8 years’ experience in Systems Engineering to include mechanical, electrical, software, electronics, etc.
- Knowledge of requirements management and requirements verification matrices using a requirements management tool such as DOORS.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using tools such as Cameo, OMG Systems Modeling Language (SysML), Rhapsody or Papyrus.
- Performs and plans system integration activities where experience in electrical, software and mechanical domains is preferred. Includes planning the verification program to ensure the system meets all requirements.
- Experience documenting system and sub-system architectures.
- Strong technical writing skill, and disciplined approach to documentation and presentations.
- Strong team collaboration and leadership.
What You Can Expect From Us:
NuWest Tech places technical professionals in some of the most competitive markets in the world. Think of us as your personal AI - we find the best positions for your experience, skills, and preferred work environment at thriving companies across the country. You can fill out hundreds of applications online...OR our industry-specialized team can put your resume in front of the right hiring managers for you. We’re a top vendor with our clients, meaning when we recommend a candidate, they go to the top of the pile.
NuWest Group - Manufacturing & Engineering
Get fresh Building Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!