Configuration Management Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you organized and detail-oriented with past quality or configuration management experience? NuWest is partnering with a global aerospace and defense company as they search for a experience Document Control Specialist or Configuration Manager. In this role, you will assure quality and approved processing of configuration-controlled documentation (bills of material, drawings, software documentation, manufacturing and engineering procedures, work instructions, technical memoranda). You’ll also assure release processes adhere to approved, documented procedures, and supports configuration control reviews for revision process. This is a great opportunity to join a global company whose purpose is to empower the United States Armed Forces through readiness and innovation. This onsite role in Bothell offers a strong salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Where You’ll Work:
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on this company’s products and services for their safety and security. From 1952 to now, this company has provided tanks, rockets, missiles, submarines, warships, fighters and electronics to all of the military services. They continue to expand their business through organic growth and acquisitions. With a focus on delivering superior products and services while creating value for their shareholders, this employer has a relentless focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do:
• Coordinate the initial release and change processing of company documents that are under Configuration Management (CM).
• Administrates records/BOMs providing guidance to users and ensuring that all initial release and change activity follow company processes.
• Ensure adherence to operating procedures and work instructions regarding Configuration Management.
• Prepare/maintain checklists and work instructions for document control, and train others as needed on those procedures.
• Coordinates and monitors Change Notices/Requests (CN/CR) between programs, quality, and contracts.
• Ensure that documentation meets release and revision standards, and that documents are filed and stored per policies and procedures.
• Enter Bill of Material data and SKU records into the ERP system and assure that entered data accurately represents drawing and engineering bill of material requirements.
• Become the Windchill PDM Subject Matter Expert, training will be provided.
What You’ll Need to Have:
• Associate of Arts degree and 2 to 5 years’ experience with document control systems.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Configuration Management standards (EIA-649B, etc.).
• Ability to balance CR/CN status accounting between programs, contracts, and customers.
• Skill and knowledge required to train and mentor others.
• Ability to document and adhere to standard processes and procedures.
• Appropriate skills with several software tools (Word, Excel, IFS, Windchill PDM).
• Proficiency with Document Control and Configuration Management practices, including Change Notices, Configuration Control Board (CCB), and BOMs.
• Self-starter and problem solver with accurate and timely communication skills.
• Per ITAR requirements, US Citizenship is required for employment.
Preferred But Not Required:
• PTC Windchill experience is preferred but will train the right individual
• Proficient in any type of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor)
What You Can Expect From Us:
NuWest Tech places technical professionals in some of the most competitive markets in the world. Think of us as your personal AI - we find the best positions for your experience, skills, and preferred work environment at thriving companies across the country. You can fill out hundreds of applications online...OR our industry-specialized team can put your resume in front of the right hiring managers for you. We’re a top vendor with our clients, meaning when we recommend a candidate, they go to the top of the pile.
NuWest Group - Manufacturing & Engineering
Get fresh Configuration Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!