Exciting space exploration engineering company in Puget Sound is seeking to hire an Aerospace Parts Cleaning Technician for their aerospace laboratory. Ideal candidate would have experience working with chemicals and high attention to detail. We are looking for employees who are passionate about space and possess a strong desire to continuously learn and improve.
Shift: Weekend Day Shift (Fri - Sun 6am - 6pm)
Location: Kent, WA
Duration: 6-18+ months, potential for full-time
- Clean and passivate hardware using means such as solvent/chemical, mechanical, ultrasonic, and precision cleaning methods.
- Safely handle hardware utilizing overhead cranes, hoists, and associated lifting equipment.
- Use titration and other direct measurement methods to analyze and correct CPV Lab solvent/chemical systems.
- Use laser systems to provide identifying features to hardware per technical documentation.
- Inspect hardware using visual, UV light, borescope, microscopic particle count, and high-precision weighing methods.
- Package accepted hardware and supplies for storage or shipment.
- Perform shop level maintenance and calibration of equipment such as pumps, tanks, filtration systems, scales, etc.
- Conduct general housekeeping of CPV Lab and Certified Clean Room area.
- Follow safety regulations and wear protective eyewear, steel toe boots, and other applicable personal protective equipment.
- Experience working on fluid systems with applied chemistry fundamentals.
- Strong attention to detail, desire to solve problems, and drive to resolve technical issues.
- Ability to lift items up to 40 lbs. and use lifting equipment and machinery for heavier hardware.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with software systems, databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Prior passivation or anodization experience.
- Prior experience in precision cleaning of aerospace, medical or other precision components.
- Prior experience inspecting industrial equipment for conformance to technical specifications.