This job is composed of a variety of different tasks including determining guest requirements, answering inquiries, resolving problems and accurately entering data. While individual judgement may occasionally be required in order to complete tasks, some situations may need to be escalated to the Guest Experience Specialist Tier 3.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Tier 1
· Required to answer and book reservations as requested based on company procedures.
· Responsible for knowing company products and services and upselling when appropriate.
· Ability to identify, research, and resolve guest issues; strives for one-call-resolution.
· Meets productivity and quality standards based on department requirements.
· Maintains call center database by entering accurate information.
· Responsible for delegating abandoned calls when lead or supervisor are not available.
· Handle customer inquiries via telephone.
· Able to check people in from the office when airport and pier isn’t staffed.
· Handle customer complaints, questions and exceptions as needed.
· Interest in taking on additional tasks.
· Ability to route calls to appropriate resources, as needed
· Follow-up customer contact when necessary
· Identity and escalate priority issues
· Required to note all guest contact when handling escalations or potential escalations
· Available to work flexible hours – weekends, evenings, etc.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend English fluently.
· Detail oriented
· Communicates effectively both orally and in writing – able to use professional grammar with minimal errors in company correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
· Schedule flexibility required to support changing call volumes and workflow changes.
· Ability to provide positive communication and exercise patience.
· Willingness to support Shuttle Express leadership and company direction.
· Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with others.
· Ability to maintain current knowledge of Shuttle Express procedures, products and services, and pricing methods.
· Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prior call center experience preferred but not required