Company: NuWave Technology Partners
Position: Network System Administration Engineer
Location: Lansing, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids
Status: Full Time
Relevant Work Experience: Cisco, Call Manager, VoIP
Career Level: 5+ Years’ Experience
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Cisco VoIP System Engineer with the drive and determination to help us support our client base. This position reports to our Service Manager. We are looking for an individual who is a problem-solver and has a proven track record of working within a team environment to successfully address network issue and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. If you have the experience and the desire, we'd like to talk to you.
Our Cisco VoIP System Engineers are responsible for maintaining user up time and improving their experiences through effective maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies, management and maintenance processes.
This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service. This position will include identifying user problems and working within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs, and involves working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services. Responsibilities include identifying, documenting and troubleshooting customers computing issues to resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Job duties include utilizing our professional services automation (PSA) solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver network support services and update service request information and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications and developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts.
Minimum Skills Required:
· Minimum five years’ experience
· Cisco, Call Manager and Route/Switch
· Excellent knowledge of our supported software and networking technologies
· Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
· Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
· Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed orientated, dependable and flexible
· Experience with Dell, HP, Cisco, Microsoft, VMware and Citrix technologies a plus
· Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
· Background check and drug screen required
· Reliable transportation
This Position Entails:
· Troubleshooting user problems remotely and on site.
· Accurate documentation of all activities conducted
· The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software and services
· The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
The Successful Candidate must be:
· Professional and articulate
· Interpersonal adept
· Technically proficient
· A relationship builder
· A problem solver
50 miles from any of the 3 offices
Initial compensation is commensurate with relevant experience.