We are searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Finance Department with data entry, processing and recording transactions, updating the ledger, and preparing Financial Reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should understand generally accepted accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel and QuickBooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
· Supports Finance Department by filing documents, reconciling accounts and statements, and running software programs
· Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, etc.
· Following standard NuWave procedures.
· Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
· Perform past due Accounts Receivable Procedures
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation
· Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Responsible for providing up to date financial reports on a monthly basis
· Perform standard HR procedures such as on-boarding and documentation
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
· Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
· Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
· Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Ability to learn and work in new software applications
· Professional manner and strong ethical code.
· Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
· Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
· Must be a team player and respectful of others.
· Must be passionate about doing a good job on all assigned responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Reporting skills
· Maintaining and organizing files
· Verbal communication
· Orienting employees
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to create SOPs, work instructions & policies
· Strong ability to interface effectively with customers and internal stakeholders
· Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software
· Experience with ConnectWise PSA tool
· Experience in Human Resources
· Previous accounting experience
Initial compensation is commensurate with relevant experience and education.